Chapter 69

Ella looked through the small window that was placed in the middle of the door, watching as some of the doctors began to run around the room to grab the equipment they would need.

Brendon had promised her that he would be in excellent care, but Ella was still on edge about that. How could she trust him when he's practically manipulating her life?

She sighed, then sat down in one of the chairs that were placed across the hall. Brendon was still at the front desk, signing some papers for Luke.

Ella picked at her nails, waiting for Brendon to come back. She had been thinking about the whole situation, knowing that if she were to be against whatever Brendon said, he would go crazy.

All she hoped was that her father would get better. That's what she wanted. Still too busy picking at her nails, Ella didn't notice when Brendon walked up to her.

"Ready to go, sweetheart?" Ella jumped a little, then looked up at him, giving him a look telling him that she didn't want to leave.

Brendon rolled his eyes, then sighed. "He's gonna be alright. I don't know why you're so worried about him."

Ella bit her lip, trying to refrain herself from blowing up. It was quite obvious that Brendon truly didn't care about what happened to Luke.

"Fine. Let's just go, then. It's not like my father is-" Brendon glared at her. "Don't you fucking start with me."

Ella took a deep breath, then stood up, straightening out her shirt. "Sorry. It just seems like you don't know how important he is to me."

Brendon pursed his lips, then gave her a curt nod. "Well, I do now."

He followed Ella as she made her way through the crowded lobby, then out of the front doors. The night was quiet, except for the crickets chirping. 

Ella sighed, walking up to the passenger side of the car. She didn't want to go through with this plan at all. No matter what way this plan went, it wasn't going to end well.

~~~~~~~~~

In the car, it was silent. Ella didn't want to talk to the monster that sat in the driver's seat. Brendon, on the other hand, was willing to start talking. He just wanted the tension to rise between them.

As Ella continued to look out the window, Brendon smirked, slowly taking his hand off of his lap, only to put it on Ella's thigh.

She gasped, then looked at him, making his smirk grow wider. "Oh, I'm sorry. My hand has a mind of its own." 

Ella rolled her eyes, then pushed his hand off. "Can you please not? I'm already sick of you." Brendon sighed, trying to calm himself down.

'She doesn't mean it, Brendon. Just let it go. Soon, she'll realize that you'll treat her like a queen. You just need to get rid of Luke first.'

Brendon chuckled at his own thought, only to get a confused look from Ella. "What are you laughing at?"

He shook his head, then looked over at her. "I was just thinking about the first time I met you and how you seemed to have a tiny crush on me."

Sadly, that wasn't the truth, and damage would be done before Ella could actually know what he was thinking about.

A/N: Hey! This book is extremely close to ending and I'm thinking that there's gonna be a cliffhanger to end it. Would you guys like a second book? Of course, there will be more crazy Brendon, murders, etc. Let me know! Also, thank you for all the love lately!!!