Twenty-Eight

Kakuzu layed down on the bed and started eating his food.
Even though you are free now, thanks to me not being able to save you... you are trapped inside this bed with your life on the line.

I am sorry...

**************

The light hit her eyes sharply when she opened them after her deep slumber. Her gate shifted around the white and strongly lit room trying to find any other source of life except hers. Or was she the one who was dead?

No. She felt pretty much alive and hearing the constant beeping sound next to her confirmed that she was in a hospital. The lady looked around again and searched for Kakuzu but no sign of his presence.  Her eyes teared up thinking that he may have left her. How long has she been asleep anyways?

A shriek of the door made her look up again just to meet her lover's eyes. "K-Kaa--" She started coughing heavily and the male rushed to her as fast as he cpuld to hold her against his chest. "You finally woke up..." He whispered and her eyes softened as her arms softly wrapped around his torso.

"You have been asleep for four days... I thought I lost you." Kakuzu said and looked at her face with a small smile. "I will get the doctor so he can check on you. We should leave soon. I gathered some Information that Aito is already on our track." He said and stroke her cheeks softly before planting a kiss on her lips.

She immidiaetly melted into the soft kiss and closed her eyes to enjoy it fully. It felt like it had been ages since their last kiss and she missed his warmth. After some time he scooted away and stood up to get the doctor. The woman sighed and stared at her hands and arms that were covered with tubes and needles.

She sighed and closed her eyes leaning back wondering what happened to her before Kakuzu entered the room again but this time with the doctor and the nurse behind him.

"You are awake. Great!" The female said happily and ran up to her to give her some water to drink. (Y/N) felt great almost instantly since her dry throat was almost killing her. "What happened?" She finally managed to say something and the doctor chuckled.
"We shouldn't talk about it now. The important thing is that you are safe and well up. I will do a quick check up and then my daughter is going to give you a bag of medicine you should take with you on your trip. Kakuzu already knows everything."
He explained and the lady nodded slowly.

After a few check ups here and there the doctor smiled. "You should take care of your health. The boy wasn't able to sleep and we had to give him some sleeping pills because he felt so bad. You two must really hold onto each other tightly." He said and the female blushed darkly. "Thank you... I will." She stood up and bowed to him deeply before leaving the room.

Kakuzu was waiting for her while talking to the nurse who had heavily blushed cheeks. (Y/N)'s body stiffened as she looked at them. The female put her hand on the male's arm and gave him the bag before leaning closer and whispering something into his ear. Kakuzu sighed and nodded before spotting his lover who had crossed arms and a skeptical expression on her face.

He chuckled and went up to her before kissing her nose. "Were you jealous? Don't worry she isn't my type" The female relaxed and hugged him before kissing his lips deeply. "You are mine. Only mine. And I am yours. Equivalent change." She chuckled and took his hand.
"Guide me. I want to explore the world with you" Kakuzu nodded and they thanked them once again before leaving the hospital into the direction of Yugagakure.

"It will take some time to get there. We will make many rests since you are still weak." He said and she nodded slowly. "I am sorry... If I could only fight better I could have prevented myself from getting hurt..." The lady mumbled and Kakuzu pressed her hand a little tighter and shook his head. "You are not the one to blame. You have been training for a few days. The guards were skilled shinobi. I am proud of you since you didn't die but caught up with them. It is my fault. I should have never let you alone..."

(Y/N) stopped in her tracks to meet the male's green pupils with her (e/c) eyes. "Don't blame yourself, Kakuzu... I am alive, aren't I?" His eyes softened a little and she pulled him down to rip off his mask and kiss him deeply. "Let's go and travel until it is dark and I will tell you when I get tired okay?" She suggested with a small smile and the male nodded. "Alright"

...Hours passed as the couple walked through the many forests that layed between Takigakure and Yugagakure and the female's legs started to get weak. "Kakuzu my feet hurt..." She said to the still fit and awake man who just chuckled. "I wondered when you will tell me that. So after six hours of walking you finally got tired. I know this route and we are almost at the border. There is an inn right in front of it we can stay in for the night. It is cheap but enough" The lady nodded and stretched before looking at the male.

"Carry me" She said Kakuzu grinned under his mask before picking her up to carry her until they get to the inn. "Now you will just be quiet and let me handle this situation. Follow the act" He whispered to her and she nodded before he ran into the inn.
"Excuse me, dear lady... My wife is very weak and I am almost at my limits..." He fake panted and (Y/N) closed her eyes while breathing hard to follow the act like he asked her to.

"Please... We got robbed while carrying our goods to Yugagakure and only have the bag of scrolls left that contains our last belongings... I won't be able to pass the border without any goods..." He said weakly and the female jumped up with a worried look. "I-I am sorry... Don't worry I can give you a room for free for a night, sir... Your woman should get rest and you too. Here you are" She said and gave him a key.

"I thank you so much, dear lady... You shall be blessed" He said and she blushed before  smiling. "No problem, sir. Have a pleasant night. We will provide you with some breakfast tomorrow morning as well to gather some strength." The Receiptionist explained and Kakuzu thanked her again before walking to their room.

"Wow you are a sneaky man, Kakuzu." The lady grinned after he closed and locked the door and let her down. "Yes. But I can't just spent money on a cheap inn" The man said and threw himself on the bed after taking off his clothes, except underwear. The female went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

She then entered the room again with a towel around her body. "Kazu~" The male looked up to meet her eyes and smirked. "How can I help you?" He asked and she grinned.
"Since I am your wife for this night... You should please me like one. I missed my husband so much..."
The lady whispered before letting her towel fall.

********
Uff I hate to say it but this book is slowly coming to an end, isn't it?

Are you guys even there anymore? Give me sign 😫

I love you guys♡