Five

He sighed and went to his own room. Kakuzu spotted the peephole and thought a little.
Should I?
The male then walks towards the peephole and tries to spot the lady in her room. He  couldn't see her but he heard soft whimpering and cries and he immidiaetly knew what was going on.

And he didn't have a clue how to help the woman.

***********

Kakuzu leans back and sighs.
She will be better soon.
He thinks and takes the book that he took out of the bookshelf before. The male rests one of his hands behind his head while the other one holds the book. It was a novel about a woman from Takigakure. She used to be the strongest kunoichi of the village and was feared all around the world. She sadly died early since she got killed while protecting her child.

The novel represented the life of Nakamura (M/N). (Y/N)'s mother. But nobody except her father knew that. People in the village only know that she had a daughter. They never knew the father nor the child's name and face.

A knock was heard and the lady wakes up from her nap. Her eyes were red and puffy and same went with her cheeks. She cried herself to sleep again...
The woman raised her head and looked up to let the visitor in. A maid opens the door and smiles holding a tray in her hands.

"My Lady... I have brought you your favorite drink and snack... Your bodyguard ordered me to do this." She smiles and bows before putting the tray down on the table next to (Y/N)'s bed.
Kakuzu ordered this for me?
She shook it off quickly and digged in loving the taste of the meal she was having right now. Kakuzu was watching her again and heard her satisfied hums.

After she ate up the woman ringed a bell.
"Kakuzu come here please!" She yells and rings the bell again. He comes inside and looks at her.
"How can I help you... Uhm... Princess." He tried to bring out and looks at her a little annoyed.

"You just had a 3 hours break. Don't act so tired old grumpy head." She says strictly and boxed the thirty-three year old man before walking past him.
"Let us go in the basement. I would like to play some Kato." (Y/N) said and Kakuzu followed her behind.
"I am not old. Just because I am not as young as you doesn't mean than I am not young. How old are you even?" He asks and she smiles.

"Wow... We are finally talking Kakuzu. I am thirty years old. You are three years older than me... Okay. I agree with you. You aren't that old. But you are older than me" She chuckles and Kakuzu sighs again while they walk downstairs. She was thirty years old. And Kakuzu was a little confused how she still got her very innocent face like she just had her coming of age.

He silently follows her to the basement before he spots a little indoor pool and also an indoor sauna. Kakuzu was cringing a little because of the amount of money they must have spent for all these interior that is just meant for one or two people.

The woman looks at Kakuzu and smiles a little before sitting down in front of the large Kato.
Her (h/c) hair was unstyled and hung loose from her head as she watched the old instrument.
"My mother used to play on this Kato as well..." She whispers and strokes the strings of it a little before playing some tunes.

"Your mother?" Kakuzu asked.  He didn't see her mother so he assumed she was gone or mabye even dead.
"Yes... She died when I was 13 years old." (Y/N) pressed her lips together trying to hold in her tears and whimpers. She didn't want to remember the day her mother died.

"I am sorry about that. Just ignore that I asked." Kakuzu saw how she tried to control her feeling and felt like pushing her into explaining her death would not be right in this situation. She looks up at him and nods. "It is okay. You are my bodyguard after all. You should know something about me." The lady chuckles a little to shake of her sadness and starts playing her favorite song on the kato. She got lost in the sound of the strings and closes her eyes humming the melody with her sweet voice.

The woman totally forgot the male's presence and sang along to the lullaby her mother taught her a few years before she died and tears started to form once again in her eyes. This time she didn't hold them in.

Kakuzu sat down on the floor and took out his book to read while listening to the sweet female's voice. He knew this lullaby. His mother used to sing it for him when he was younger. And she used to make his father sing it as well. This memory made him chuckle a little under his mask before he continued reading. It was a sweet moment they shared.

Both of them indulging in reminiscences.

The peaceful moment soon ended when he heard the music stop. He looked up to (Y/N) who was staring blankly at the Kato.
"Is everything okay?" He asks and the female nods. "Yes... Everything is great. I just... Wanted to stop playing the song. It doesn't only make me remember good things." She says and also looks up to meet eyes with the criminal.

Her eyes were full of sadness, despair and... hatred.

*********