UNEXPECTED [NAMJIN (PART 1)]

Little : Namjoon
Caregiver : Seokjin

A surprise is coming your way!

Edited ✔️

"Daddy!" Namjoon squealed excitedly as his caregiver, Seokjin, opened the door.

Normally, Seokjin would lift up Namjoon in his big arms and pepper his face with lots of kisses, but on this very day, something was different.

Seokjin arrived at the doorstep, tired and sweaty.

"Daddy, kisses!" Namjoon said as he pouted, "Pwease?"

"Not now, Joon." said Seokjin before running into his room and slamming the door shut.

"Daddy?" Namjoon whimpered as he made his way towards the door to Seokjin's room. He knocked on it, only to be yelled at by his caregiver from inside.

"God dammit, Namjoon! Didn't you hear what I just said earlier?! Are you deaf?! Jeez!"

Namjoon sniffled. Tears ran down his cheeks as he ran into his room and grabbed his phone.

*

"Uncwe Seokie! S-s-somethin' no wight 'bout daddy! He nuh gib Joonie k-kissies today! An' he s-s-say Joonie d-deaf!" wailed Namjoon.

"Hold on, lil' Joonie. Uncle Seokie is coming to save the day!" said his friend Hoseok on the other end of the line, then hung up.

Namjoon ran out of his room. He climbed onto the couch and picked up his favourite plush toy, a large pink dog named Sprinkles.

"Why daddy nuh wike Joonie? Ish Joonie bad boy?" he sobbed, hugging the toy tightly and staring into its large eyes, hoping for an answer.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Namjoon answered it and found Hoseok standing outside.

"Uncwe Seokie!" he yelled happily upon seeing Hoseok.

"How's my little baby boy doing?" Hoseok cooed.

Namjoon's bottom lip began to tremble as his eyes began to water.

"Oh, baby. Can Joonie tell uncle Seokie what happened?"

"D-daddy... He nuh wobe Joonie!" Namjoon sobbed.

"Awww, baby. Uncle Seokie will talk to daddy about his behaviour. But first, let's cheer lil' Joonie up. Uncle Seokie loves seeing happy baby boys, right?" Hoseok said, lifting up Namjoon in his arms and carrying him to the dining room.

*

"What does my baby boy want?"

"Chocowate miwk!"

"Sure, honey. One cup of chocolate milk coming right up!" said Hoseok cheerfully as he took out a green sippy cup from a cabinet and prepared Namjoon's milk.

Namjoon giggled. Hoseok cooed once again. "Would Joonie like his chocolate milk to be warmed up a little?"

"Yesh, uncwe Seokie!" Namjoon shouted as he bounced up and down in his high chair.

"Inside voices, love."

"Sowwy, uncwe Seokie."

"That's alright. Your milk will be ready in a few seconds." said Hoseok as he put the sippy cup in the microwave.

Once the milk was ready, Namjoon happily sucked on teat of the cup, savouring the taste of the chocolate milk. Hoseok patted the little's head.

"Uncwe Seokie, Joonie sweepy." Namjoon said after drinking his milk, his speech slightly slurred and his red eyes struggling to stay open.

"All right. Uncle Seokie will get you ready for nap time." Hoseok said, lifting up Namjoon and depositing him inside his room.

"Now, it's time to give Seokjin-hyung a good talking to," muttered Hoseok, "What kind of a caregiver does he think he is?"

*

After an hour, Namjoon woke up in his adult mindset. He got out of bed and went to search for Hoseok.

But Hoseok was nowhere to be seen.

He wasn't in the kitchen, the dining room, the living room or any of the bathrooms. The only place which Namjoon didn't check was Seokjin's room.

Namjoon was afraid to step into Seokjin's room. He couldn't face his caregiver after that incident. But, at the same time, he was worried. Something bad must have happened to Seokjin, which is why he seemed very upset. Namjoon wanted to help.

He may have ruined some of Seokjin's dishes or destroyed his stuff, but he still wanted to help.

He wanted to be a good boyfriend.

Namjoon took a deep breath to calm himself down. He slowly approached the door. He rested his ear against to door to get a good idea about what was happening.

He could hear sniffles.

***

A/N : Cliffhanger!!!

~박 샛별