Gift

Chapter 73 - 

"Are you ready" he asked, his eyebrows scrunched slightly below his baseball cap. 

"Emmet, this is the most serious I have ever seen you" I replied, a small smile playing on my lips. 

Emmet cracked his knuckles and then proceeded to tap the top of his head a few times. 

"Bella, to Emmet, this IS serious" Rosalie continued, as I sat down on the chair opposite Emmet, who seemed to be taking various deep breaths. 

"Why are you taking breaths" I asked, as Alice leaned in towards me. 

"Its all part of his warm up routine" she replied as I looked up into her amber eyes. 

Alice winked, adding "My money is on….Bella". 

Emmet huffed, cracking his knuckles once more. 

"And so is mine" Rose retorted, as Emmet's head shot up. 

"Babe" he almost whined, "Where is your faith?" 

Rosalie laughed and joined Alice's side. 

"My faith is where it should be, backing a 'sure thing'" she answered as she turned to face me, "I'm all for girl power. Don't be nice" she murmured, a twinkle appearing in her eye. 

Edward started to laugh. 

"Hey, she isn't that funny Edward" Emmet hissed, as Edward walked across the kitchen, tapping the peak of Emmet's baseball cap. 

"I wasn't laughing at Rosalie" he answered softly, as his gaze rested on Alice. 

"Okay, what is she thinking" Emmet bellowed, as I reached out my hand. 

"Scared" I enquired gently, as Emmet turned to face me. 

"Hell no" he replied, taking my hand in his. I had to admit, I too was intrigued as to Alice's thoughts… 

"Ready" I asked Emmet, as he snorted. 

"Bells, I was born ready. Let's get this show on the road…." 

I felt his hand grip mine, but the hold wasn't tight, merely… solid. 

"Okay, lets play" Rosalie whispered, as she placed her hand on top of ours. 

"When I let go…." She continued, as Emmet interrupted. 

"We know the drill Rosalie" he huffed, as Rosalie smiled. 

"Emmet Cullen, you sound… tense" she replied, as Alice started to laugh.

I turned to face them both. Alice was smirking. I found it… adorable. 

But less of that Bella, you need to concentrate… 

"You forget Emmet, Bella hasn't played this game before like you have" Edward replied, also smirking. 

A thought suddenly occurred to me. 

"Exactly how many times have you done this?" I asked Emmet, who grinned at me. 

"Four time… Alice, Rosalie, Edward and Jasper" he replied, the grin still intact. 

"And how many times have you… won?" I asked again, as Emmet leaned it a little closer, his grip on my hand tighter now. 

"Four times" he replied, as his grin grew impossibly wide. 

Four times… great… 

I felt Alice squeeze my shoulder, "You can do it" she whispered in my ear, as my self confidence started to dwindle somewhat.