Alignment

Chapter 69 - 

Alice's POV 

I was the first to enter the hallway, as I practically pulled the front door from its hinges. I was that determined to get to my room, I ran headlong into a started Edward, who had just walked into the kitchen. 

"Where's the fire?" he asked, a twinkle in his eye. 

I ground to a halt, as Jasper joined us. I glared at them both. 

"There isn't a fire, yet… but I am so angry I could very easily start one Edward" I hissed, as Edward held up both his hands. 

"Hey, easy…." He replied, before I turned all of my attention to Jasper. 

Poking a finger at his chest, I prodded hard…. 

"So, what happened to the 'she won't wake up while I am gone' statement, Jasper? And don't you dare try and weasel your way out of this by projecting calmness in this direction, because I'll catch it and throw it right back at you". My tone was enraged, as Jasper took a small step back. 

"I'm sorry, Alice… really… But at least she is awake now…" Jasper replied, as Edward groaned. 

"Not the best answer, Jasper" Edward murmured, as my temper increased a gear. 

She's already awake…and I wasn't here… she woke up alone… and I wasn't here… how could I do this to her? Why did I do this to her?  

Edward stepped forward and took my hand in his. 

"Alice, please, try and collect your thoughts. I know what you are thinking, and I can assure you, Bella is fine… She isn't angry with you for not being there when she woke up, really. In fact, she seems rather… content…" 

I grasped Edwards's hand, "You've seen her already?" 

Edward nodded. 

"And… is she… Okay?" I asked again, as Edward smiled. 

"Alice, she seems… absolutely fine. Although she has developed a small complex about her eye colour…" Edward's voice trailed off as I released his hand. 

"She's seen herself, then?" I asked again, as frustration seemed to ricochet around my entire body. 

I wanted to be the first to see her… Iwanted to be the first to show her... I hate this… 

"No, I think Charlie made reference to her eyes when he saw her with Carlisle…" 

Great, even Bella's father and my own have seen her before I had… 

Alice, you need to calm down… they had every right to see her… 

I swallowed hard. I really did need to get a grip. 

"Where are they now?" I asked again, as Jasper stepped forward this time. 

"Carlisle has taken Charlie into his study with Esme. Sam and Jake have both explained the… situation… to Charlie, but Carlisle is keen to clear the air…" Jasper answered. 

I nodded, "The situation being, we're all vampires… and now so is his daughter" I replied, more to myself. 

"Charlie has been… most affable… about everything" Edward continued, as Rosalie and Emmet now appeared behind me. 

"I believe that makes you the loser Emmet" Rosalie laughed as Emmet gave a groan. 

"Great, I'll never live this down, beaten by two girls" he replied, as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "So, where is the latest addition to the family?" he asked, as I glanced at Edward.