The Ball

Chapter 61 –  

My mouth literally gaped as I took a quick intake of breath. I stared at Alice as she descended the staircase; hopping from the last step she did a small pirouette on the tips of her toes, stopping metres from me. 

She looked… 

Simply amazing. 

Absolutely amazing… 

Oh, Alice always looked terrific, she could be wearing a sack with pearls and she'd pull it off, but this dress… 

This little dress in midnight blue… 

I took another intake of breath as Alice raised her eyebrow. 

"Is everything okay Bella?" she politely asked, as she stepped closer to me. 

Closer to me… 

Now I could see the blue fabric that glided perfectly across her curves, revealing rather than concealing… 

"Bella?" she asked again, with a small pout. 

I swallowed hard. 

"Alice, you're…" 

Sensual, sultry, stunning, sexy as hell… and mine… my brain answered for me, as I swallowed again. 

"I'm?" she questioned, as she placed a hand on her hip. The movement was subtle and my gaze fell down towards where her fingers were now resting on her hip. 

Just looking at her made my stomach muscles tighten as an unbearable ache seemed to settle somewhere deep down below. 

"Your blood pressure has risen" Alice continued, as my eyes darted back to hers. 

Really? 

Her head tilted to one side, a small smile now appearing on her red lips. 

"Bella Swan, are you checking me out ?" she teased as I now raised my eyebrow. 

"Guilty as charged" I finally managed to answer, my voice more husky than it had been before. 

"Alice, you look… beautiful" I answered as I held out my hand and entwined my fingers through hers. 

Alice flashed me her brilliant smile. 

"As do you Bella… you look exquisite… I knew that little black dress would look amazing on you" 

Little black dress… and she wasn't joking. I recalled Rosalie entering the room when I had first arrived to get ready. 

"A gift from Alice, Bella" 

I looked at the dress as Rosalie held it up to me. 

"Isn't it… a little… small?" I had enquired, as Rosalie smiled. 

"Everybody needs to have a LBD in their closet Bella, Alice has bought this especially for you" 

I frowned, "A LBD?" I enquired, as Rosalie walked behind me, her arms folding around me as she held out the dress in front of me, turning me to the mirror at the same time. 

"A Little Black Dress, Bella. And it looks perfect on you" 

Still, I frowned. 

"Rosalie, it's very… thin…and short… I mean, it's lovely, it really is, but Alice didn't have to go to the trouble of buying me a dress, I have this one already…" 

Rosalie turned me to face her again. 

"Bella, it was Alice's pleasure to buy you this dress, believe me. And no offence, but this dress" she motioned to the green material that way laying on the bed, "this dress is… really not your colour… or style… or length…"