Bella

Chapter 35 –

APOV 

I watched Bella intently until her eye lids fluttered, and slowly closed. 

I was in a complete state of bliss. 

And jubilation. 

The euphoric moment Bella had cried out my name… how elated I had felt. 

Me. 

She had cried out my name. 

And she had given herself to me, freely and without restraint. 

Me. 

A Vampire. 

We were united now. 

Mentally, emotionally, and physically. 

Nothing could divide us, our very souls were aligned and nobody could separate or sever our bond. 

Especially Jake. 

My mind wandered back to the kiss. 

The way he had leaned in, and claimed Bella's lips with his own. 

For a split second, alarm had run through me – what if she responded to him? What if she changed her mind about me? 

But as she pushed him away, I knew I would never question Bella again. 

I also knew I was moments away from striking Jake with a fist that was clenched, ready to do my bidding. 

How dare he kiss her … 

I saw it, momentarily. Oh, I was small, but I was also strong and powerful and the image that fluttered into my mind showed me exactly what damage and hurt I could inflict on Jake… 

Had Bella not composed my shaking form... I shuddered at the prospect. 

So much had happened, that afternoon. 

Perhaps my mind was too preoccupied with Jake, and Bella, and that kiss …. 

I wasn't naturally absent minded. Or easily distracted. 

But I had been then. 

So intent on removing Bella from Jake, I had missed the scent, missed the presence of another… 

A Vampire. 

Bella stirred in her sleep, as my name escaped her soft lips. 

Would she have been in danger had Jake not sensed the other vampire, hiding – possibly watching the display before them? Would I still have been oblivious to the menace that lay in hiding if Jake hadn't been there? 

I slowly shook my head, hoping the movement would somehow displace my thoughts and concerns. 

Bella was all that mattered. 

Despite my initial blindness, nothing would have hurt Bella – I simply wouldn't have allowed it to. Bella had redeemed my broken soul and saved me. Nothing would ever harm her. Nothing. 

I watched as she snuggled closer to me. The warmth she was emitting comforted me liked nothing I had ever felt before. Slowly, I pulled the cover over her naked body, marvelling at her sleeping form. 

She was exquisite. 

She felt, looked and tasted magnificent and as she stirred again, I could feel my emotions heighted – I wanted her again…. 

Slowly, I tried to extract myself from her, but as I pulled away, her arms tightened on my torso. 

I felt a smile appear on my face; obviously Bella had other ideas, even in slumber.