Avowal

Chapter 62 - 

"So, how was the ball" Edward enquired with a quizzical eyebrow. 

Before I could answer, he smiled. 

"Oh, it was like that was it?" he answered, his smile widening. 

"Okay, stop reading Alice's mind Edward" I replied, as Alice shrugged her shoulders, also smiling. 

"She may see things differently to how they actually were…" I continued, as Edward raised an eyebrow again. 

"Oh, I can safely say this is something you are both very much in agreement with Bella…." 

Now I raised my eyebrow as Edward leaned forward, his breath catching the side of my face. 

"So, you aim to please?" 

And then he winked, before leaving me alone in the living room with Alice. 

"He…" my voice faltered slightly as memories of the night before came flooding back. 

Nice memories. 

Lovely memories. 

Deliciously nice and lovely memories… 

I felt my cheeks redden. 

"He read your mind about… about… that…" I stammered, as Alice slowly nodded her head. 

"Sorry Bella, but it was such an amazing evening, I simply can't stop thinking about it…" 

I watched as she edged closer, holding out her hand. 

"I'm sorry… friends?" she asked, as her eyes flashed. 

I took her hand and pulled her into me, "Friends" I answered, as I placed my hands around her waist. 

"And you're right, it was amazing…" I continued, as Alice leaned forward and kissed my neck. 

"Incredible" she continued 

"Wonderful" I replied as I heard a movement behind me. 

It was Rosalie. 

"Oh, sorry… forget I was here" she quickly spoke as Alice pulled back. 

"That's okay Rosalie" I replied, as Rose turned. 

I continued, "Besides, I want to thank you again for helping me get ready yesterday, I really appreciate it" 

Rose smiled, "It was my pleasure Bella… besides, you looked a little…vulnerable… and this one…" she motioned to Alice… "Was too busy preening herself to help, it was the least I could do" 

I laughed as Alice clapped her hands together, a smile appearing across her face. 

"I'm so glad you two are getting on, you have no idea how happy it makes me" she squealed as she quickly reached out for both me and Rosalie, pulling us into a group hug. 

"Hey, is this a woman thing? Or can anyone join in?" 

Before anybody could answer, Emmet appeared above us and pulled us all into him. 

Who would have thought vampires could be so… loving? And crazy! 

"Hey, I kinda like this… we should do it more often" he continued, as Alice started to giggle. 

"Err, as much as I appreciate the gesture Emmet, could you maybe loosen your hold just a little? I'm having trouble breathing here" I managed to whisper, as Emmet let go and we all stood back.