Misunderstanding

Chapter 54 – 

A POV 

You fall in love with a person, Eric. I just happen to have fallen in love with this one… 

Bella's words were music to my ears. Each word spoken, floating in the air before reaching out to me in a soft melody. The soft chime, that was for me; only for me. My visions made the element of surprise rare; yet Bella always managed to astonish and delight me. 

Those words, how they overjoyed me. She wasn't scared, or embarrassed, or worried, or nervous about us . Telling her father, and now two of her closest friends that we were together …. 

Angela glanced at her watch.  

"I'm going to have to love you, and leave you I'm afraid. I need to return this book to the library" 

I watched as Angela stood and flashed a dazzling smile at Bella. 

"I really am happy for you both" she repeated, as she turned and flashed a similar smile at me. 

Angela, I decided, was better than nice. She was genuine, and kind and the sincerity in her voice would have pulled at my heart strings, if indeed my heart had any. 

"Thanks" both Bella and I answered at the same time. 

"Now that was freaky" Eric interjected, as he winked at Angela. 

He was clearly smitten with her. 

As smitten as you are with Bella my mind sang. 

Okay, touché. 

Angela waved, and walked towards the exit as Rosalie appeared. 

I watched as she walked across the room. I also watched as various guys (and one girl) followed her with their gaze. 

As smitten as they are with Rosalie my mind reasoned. 

Rosalie, totally unaware of the attention she was receiving, walked towards us. Standing behind Eric, she placed both her hands in the pockets of her jacket and waited. 

Eric, possibly the only male in the room who was unaware of her presence, took a sip from his drink. 

Still Rosalie waited, for what I was unsure. Clearly, Eric would not be leaving us anytime soon. I glanced at Bella, who was obviously thinking the same as she smiled at me with a raised eyebrow. 

Finally she spoke. 

"Hello" 

Eric jumped, as Bella placed a hand over her mouth to muffle a smile. 

Eric turned in his seat, "Hell Rosalie, you nearly gave me a heart attack" 

Now Rosalie raised her eyebrow as Eric turned back to his drink, adding "Don't do that again" 

Bella removed her hand. 

"Join us?" she asked, as Eric glanced back up at Rosalie. 

He looked… a little fearful, which made me smile. 

I watched as Rosalie pondered her response, before sitting down where Angela had previously sat. 

Eric opened his bag and retrieved a packet of mints, offering one to Rose. 

"No thank you" she replied politely, before glancing at me. I suspected she wanted to talk, possibly about what the boys were doing, but couldn't while Eric remained seated with us.