41 | Spotlight

"Come on bro you can't mope around forever"

I watched as the drunk twenty-somethings danced the night away sloppily grinding on each other, Taking shot after shot, living the only way they knew how. This wasn't really my scene. I'd rather be at home honestly. I just got out of a shitty relationship and partying wasn't really on my mind.

I can't be mad at my bro's for dragging me here. Maybe this would be good for me.

As I stand with my red solo cup in hand I notice the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. She was wearing sunglasses, a dark red dress that hugged every inch of her body and black heels. I quickly look away, she probably thinks I'm a creep now. I can't help but look at her again and notice she was giggling.

"Bro do you know who that is?" my roommate says excitedly.

"No"

"That's Y/n. She does modeling and shit," he says nudging me.

She starts walking over to me smiling. She removes her shades and looks me in the eyes. "I'm Y/n" she holds out her hand. I can see the modeling, I mean like she's pretty so I get it. Why she's a model and stuff. How am I rambling in my own head? 

Her smile drops slightly.

Say something dumbass. "Hi, I-I'm Keith" 

She giggles again, it's cute. "So why are you here? I mean are you enrolling or?"

"Oh, no. I'm getting ready for this movie role and I wanted the college experience. Ya know with the one night stands, drugs, booze. I have a friend that goes here she said I could crash for the weekend."

"Well, this is definitely the place to do it." I laugh.

"You look like you need to loosen up. Come with me" she pulls me to the kitchen and starts pouring things in a cup. "Drink this. I need you to be on my level or at least fifty percent there"

"I take a small sip and almost spit it out"

"What is that?" i scrunch up my face.

"Just drink it. Down it. Don't even think about it too hard"

I tip the cup back letting its contents flow in my mouth it was gross but it got me buzzed pretty fast. Woah.

"I know we just met but I feel like we were destined to cross paths you know?" she says as if something just hit her.

"Um, I guess" I look at her confusedly.

"No! Don't just guess. You have to know. You have to feeeel it" she places her hand on my heart. "Feel it" she takes my hand and places it on hers. "You hear that? That's destiny calling, that bitch wants us to live! Tonight!"

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time you know I" drake sings in the background.

"You hear that! It's a sign!" she points to the sky. "Destiny! this is for you bitch" she takes a shot of something. Where did she even get that from? She starts walking toward the patio doors and then comes back when she realizes I'm not following. "Let's go K-man" 

Fuck it. I follow her weird ass outside and she starts taking her clothes off. "What the fuck are you doing?" I try to cover her up.

"Well, I knew there would be a pool. There always is. Therefore I am wearing a bathing suit." she gestures to her self. "I came prepared. Also, I've never been swimming while high so there's that." she walks to the edge of the pool leaving me behind again.

"High? on what"

"Molly, I think." she rubs her hands on her face and closes her eyes leaning into her own touch."Definitely Molly" she jumps in the pool before I have the chance to say anything and the people outside cheer.

She comes up for air laughing. "Get in! it feels great. It's cold as shit but like it feels amazinggg. I feel like I should be cracking one open with a polar bear" she laughs at her own joke.

"Can't, I came dressed normally so..."

"You have boxers on don't you?"

"Yeah but-"

"But nothing, I told you my bra and panties was a bathing suit and you believed me. Same shit." 

"You're crazy" I lift my shirt over my head and she starts cheering for me and yelling 'take it off'. I take my pants off and throw them next to her clothes.

"Now jump,"

"Fuck it" I jump into the cold water and feel a rush as the coolness surrounds me. "Holy shit that's cold!"

"Told ya, but it's nice though right?" she dives back and starts floating on her back.

"Yeah" I admit.

"Cops!" someone yells alerting everyone at the party.

"Shit we gotta go," I say swimming to the side of the pool. I pull myself out then reach for her hand and pull her out. We turn around to search for our clothes but they're missing.

"Looks like we're going semi commando." she jokes. "Well standing there isn't going to make our clothes reappear let's go!" she grabs my hand and leads me out of the back gate where students were flowing from.

"I don't know my way around here" she admits.

Right, not a student. "We can go to my dorm"  I lead her in the right direction and we start running as fast as we could. Some people on the way were giving us weird looks but we didn't have time to be ashamed we just kept running. When we got to my dorm we took the elevator up. We were busy catching our breath when a couple walked in. They both stared with wide eyes and then looks straight ahead.

The ride up was awkward. We all got off on the same floor and Y/n and I walked to my room. We tried to keep our composure but busted out laughing as I fumbled for my keys. We finally made it in my room and I head to my dresser to get us some warm clothes,

"Nice place, you like living here?" 

"It's cool I guess. I'm trying to move off campus next year though."

"Why"

"More space, no community bathroom, Etc."

"Ah, I see"

I hand her a shirt and basketball shorts and she thanks me, putting them on. "You can stay here tonight if you want. My roommate is never home so you can sleep in my bed and I'll take his."

"That'd be nice, thanks. I think I'm coming down now. I should probably get some sleep."

"Yeah, goodnight you little weirdo." 

"Goodnight Keith" she chuckles.

thoughts?