5| Crossroads

"All you have to do is win"

-----------------------------------------

A 3 months ago Y/n's Husband and child died in some freak accident. She hasn't been right since.

One night she was at this hotel bar getting ready to drink her life away as usual when a tall handsome man sat beside her.

When the bar tender hands her the shot, the strange man takes it away and drinks it.

"what the fuck" she stands up

He suddenly grabs her hand and looks into her eyes

"come with me Y/n i can make all your pain go away"

She doesn't take a second thought before taking his hand and following him upstairs. The mans dark brown eyes were so mesmerizing that she didn't even notice that he called her by name.

"Im Keith by the way..Keith Powers"

He takes her upstairs and leads her into a room with a poker table and strange looking chips.

"Cards?" she questions

"These are special they can give you things, anything you desire , all you have to do is win"

He grins

"Anything....even my family" she asks

"Even your family, now sit and sign here" he hands her a paper like she'd never seen before and an old quill

she tries to write with it but nothing comes out

"it doesn't work"

"You need your blood give me your hand" he pulls out a ancient looking knife and makes a small cut in her hand

"ahh"

"now dip and write"

She did as told and signed the paper. She felt this all to be so wrong but she just wanted to see her family again.

"wait but i dont have any money"

He starts to laugh

"We dont play with money we play with years"

"But how-"

"Let me explain.. every human has a certain amount of years they are supposed to live, you are currently 21 and have exactly 77 years left i checked. Now most of my kind would offer you a contract of some sort and give you your family back with only 10 years for you to live. I think thats unfair in some ways so i do it my way, my way gives you the chance to maybe get extra years under your belt plus whatever your heart desires...unless of course you loose in which case i call on the hounds and they take you down now"

Y/n was at a loss for words

"take me where exactly"

"to hell of course..so if i were you i'd play carefully"

his eyes turn all black as he flashes a devilish grin

she nods and keeps a straight face as he deals the cards

"God help me" she whispers

"Your gonna need all the help you can get, Ive been told Im a very good card player"

They shared some deep conversation in the past 30 minutes, Keith wasn't one to usually do this but there was something different about her.

Another 30 minutes pass and Y/n only has 15 chips left, Keith had the upper hand she had no idea how she was going to get out of this alive. She pretty much accepted that her fate was sealed, 15 years would go by in a blink and Keith would come for her, it would be selfish to bring her family from heaven to only spend 15 years with them .

"im all in" she says

He looks at her like she's crazy

"are you sure"

"i have nothing to loose" she looks at her cards

"You do realize that if you loose this hand your gonna die tonight"

"Yup" she says nonchalant

She wasn't afraid to die she already felt dead inside anyway.

She lays down a full house and smiles.

"You had me going for a second....to bad i have to do this though"

He lays down four of a kind and grins

"Well played" she nods

Keith grabs the rest of her chips

She starts to hear growling coming from the dark corner, she looks over and see bright red eyes.

"well that was fast huh" she tries to laugh it off

"wait" he calls off the dog

she looks over at him confused

"why aren't you scared" he asks

"i knew what i was getting myself into when i signed that contract so why be scared now" she shrugs

"you have a point but i've had the toughest men sitting in this very chair and when they loose they always beg for their lives or more time...every single time, so why are you any different do you not value your life" he questions

She doesn't

"I've lost everyone i loved the most and incase you haven't noticed the world kinda sucks so no i don't value my life right now"

There was something about Y/n that attracted Keith. She was perfect in his eyes , he couldn't just let her be dragged to hell like this.

"This might sound crazy but ....what if i made you like me , i cant let you go down like this"

"i dont know Keith"

"when those hounds tear at your body and drag you down to hell, those demons are going to torture you for the rest of eternity not only physically but mentally, you think your hurting now they will never let you forget your husband and child and what you feel right now will be 1000 times worse.. i said i would take your pain away so let me do that"

He was right, nothing would compare to the pain and suffering she had ahead of her. Besides in this short time she had gotten to know him she kind of started to like Keith.

"Okay do it" she agrees

Tbc.........

(idk if yall liked this it was sort of different.. oh and im working on Popular opinion rn it'll be up sometime today)