1| Lucky in love (R)

(If you are not new. If you see R written next to a chapter that you've probably already read. That means it has been re-written. Enjoy.) P.S I wrote this as if you're watching footage that's why there are so many cuts.

Keith pov

Everyone was always asking us questions about our baby. Our friends, our family, our fans. Asking things like 'How many more weeks?' or asking for updated baby bump pictures. We decided to keep everyone updated through weekly videos on youtube. It would keep everyone happy plus it'd be cool to look back on in the future.

"I'm so blessed y'all. Look at my babies" I say walking into the bathroom where my beautiful wife stands brushing her hair. I walk up behind her and rub her growing belly. "Two more months until we meet our little princess"  

"I'm going to be such an extra mom," she jokes.

"She's not playing either. She stays on Pinterest every night saving a million things. She be like 'baby look isn't this cute'". I mock her in a high pitched voice. 

"I don't sound like that" she hits me.

"Oh, and she already got them matching outfits already."

"You know what you sound like? A hater" she straight faces me before turning back to the mirror.  

------------------------------------

2 months later

Y/n pov

Keith was in the kitchen making breakfast for me. He's been so helpful since I got pregnant. I mean he's always been kind but even more so now.

"Goodmorning everyone, today we are officially thirty-seven weeks. Which means baby K can come any day now." I show the camera my stomach rubbing tiny circles into it.

"Food is done" Keith yells from the kitchen.

I get up off the couch and walk or more like waddle into the kitchen. "So today we're going to the baby store to pick up some stuff because I read somewhere that you should walk around a lot. Ya know to ease the delivery and- baby that smells so good." I flip the camera around to show the food Keith made me. "Look what my love made me"

"We got some turkey bacon, eggs, a bagel with cream cheese and some cut-up fruit. Gotta keep my babies fed and healthy" he says.

I take a bite of my bagel. "Mmm," I throw my head back. I pass the camera to him and grab my plate. I sit on a stool at the island. "You're so good to me" I scoop up some eggs and take a bite of turkey bacon at the same time. Don't judge me I'm pregnant.

"You act like I've never made you this before. This is the most simple meal I've ever cooked you." he laughs.

"I know but it's so good." My eyes water. 

"This woman is in here crying over eggs" he chuckles coming around the island. He pulls me into his chest and rubs my head. I can feel his body vibrating from laughter.

"It's not funny" I mumble into his chest.

"I know, I know" he rubs small soothing circles into my back.

"These damn hormones" I sit up wiping my eyes.

--------------------------------

"Alright, we are at the store, walking around" My eyes wander to a cute two-piece shirt and shorts set with bunnies on it. "Aw, baby look" I hold it up to Keith who was checking out clothes behind me.

"That's cute."

"I think her overall aesthetic is bunnies. She has bunny toys, books, clothes. Hell even her nursery has bunnies in it. I couldn't help it they are just so cute." I gush to the camera. "Alright guys I'm getting tired and hungry so I will be back."

--------------------------------

"Annnd we're back. Okay so a lot of you guys have been asking for a haul video so here it is." I'm sitting on the floor in her nursery with everything I wanted to show laid out in front of me. "Alright let's start with your essentials" 

"I got this diaper bag from amazon. I got a lot of stuff from amazon actually. I'll link it all below. The thing I like about this is it looks like an actual bag. Like you wouldn't guess it was a baby bag. It's very cute" I set the bag down to the side. I show small things like bottles, pacifiers, books, toys, etc.

I flip the camera around and show my favorite outfits. "These right here are our matching outfits." I had her clothes laid on top of mine so they could see. "And these over here are just my favorite outfits of hers" I point.

Keith comes in and stands in the doorway. "Did you show the shoes yet though?"

"Not yet." I look at him then back at the camera. "Keith picked out most of her shoes so I'll let him show you"

"Her shoe game is gonna be fire, thanks to her daddy. Alright so these are my favorite ones right here because we all have them." he holds up a pair of white and black air force ones. "A family that matches together, does something fire together"

"That didn't even rhyme" I laugh.

"Didn't need to" he chuckles. He shows some more of his favorite pairs. I love how excited he is about the baby. He's going to be a great dad.

We continue to show our favorite things and talk about our daughter. 

"So remember a while back when Keith made fun of me for liking Pinterest. Well, I got him into Pinterest" I cross my arms with a triumphant smile on my face.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, there's some helpful stuff on there" he rolls his eyes smiling.

"Mhm, anyway we're going to end the video thank you all for watching. Love you" I blow a kiss.

---------------------------------

8 years later

"That's it. That's all the footage." I say to my eight-year-old daughter with tears forming in my eyes.

"He was handsome mom" she takes my hand in hers.

I made sure Kayla knew who her father was. I always showed her videos and pictures of him, told her stories. Anything I could so she could feel like she knew him.

"He loves you so much, baby" tears fall from my eyes.

"What happened to him?" she asks.

I never told her this part, I didn't want her good memories to be clouded or saddened by this one thing that happened. I always knew she would ask one day though. I always just told her that 'daddy is away but he loves you so much' I even sent her cards and Christmas gifts from him. This moment that I've been dreading is like telling your kid that Santa isn't real, except its daddy isn't away he's just in a coma.

"When I was in labor, your dad was driving me to the hospital. This truck was going way too fast and ran a red light. The car flipped over a few times...I was so scared. I thought something had happened to you." I pause. "I had a small concussion, and your dad went into a coma" I wipe my eyes.

I only bought her to see him when she was a baby. I know I should have bought her more but I was afraid. I didn't want her to see him like that, to know him like that. I wanted her to see all the good things. When he was awake.

"I can take you to see him if you want. I didn't want to because you were so young and you wouldn't understand but...you're getting older. You can make some decisions on your own now. If you want to see him, I'll take you." It's time. I know that eight years is a long time to not pull the plug. Even his family told me to but I won't give up on him. I can't. The doctor says his brain is still fully functioning he just won't wake up.

"I do. I want to see daddy"

"Okay, we'll go"

"Today?" she asks. I freeze.

"You sure?" 

She nods her head excitedly and runs upstairs to get dressed.

I guess we're going today.

-------------------------

AHA, so you thought it would be exactly the same. Welp jokes on you for assuming shit. Welcome to the re-writes bitches.