13| Hoodrich

(Hey y'all. 3k its lit)

I pay most of the bills in this house. My moms been laid off since I could remember, She gets some money from the guys she 'hangs' around but it's not enough to live on so she depends on me.

It took me a good 15 minutes to clean up this little apartment we lived in, and even then it still looked like shit. The once white paint was now chipping off the walls ,the dirty hardwood floors were cracking, and it wasn't hard to spot a roach or two running around.

I knew I deserved better and I was determined to get exactly that. Money was a huge priority to me at the moment and I knew exactly how to get it, I needed to get with somebody like Keith Powers he was well known around here and he didn't play games either, I just gotta get him to take me seriously.I never wanted to stoop down to my mother's level letting anybody between my legs, but if i was going to do it, it would be by somebody like him. I had to do what I had to do.

When night came I just sat our warm dark apartment surrounded by my thoughts when I hear the front door opening.

I hear someone flipping the lights on and off. "Y/n get out here" she yells.

I use the flashlight I keep under my bed to see my way out to the living room. "What".

"What you mean what. What the hells wrong with the lights, you didn't pay the bills or something". she squints her eyes as I flash the light in her direction.

"Look it was between the electric and the water, I didn't have enough for both"

I was growing uncomfortable by her glares.

"That little check you get can't even pay the damn bills, You know what if you can't pull your weight around here I'm just gonna have to rent your room out" She walks up on me

"First of all I pull my weight and your weight if anything I should be kicking yo ass out, and who the fuck is gonna pay to live here the damn roaches don't even want to live here"

I knew I was gonna pay for that but I didn't care she pissed me off. I was then greeted by a hard smack to the face almost making me fall. I use to have so much respect for my mom but her putting her hands on me was gonna end today.

"Watch your fuckin mouth I'm not about to be dis-" I return the favor by giving her a hard smack to the face.

She holds her hand to her cheek in shock at what just went down. "Get the fuck out now" she yells in my face pushing me. "Get out" She yells again.

I went back to my room to get the money I had stashed but I couldn't find it. I started to panic throwing things around my room but then I remembered I left it at work with my boss just incase my mom was on some shady shit.

Tonight I'll just go to a friends house until i can figure this whole thing out and it's not going to be easy.

(I always ask but thoughts?)