16| Neighborly

(Im highkey still recovering from writers block so excuse me if this is ass)

Y/n watched the cars pass by as she sat on her apartment steps waiting for her boyfriend to arrive. It was almost 8 but he said he would be there at 7. She looked down at her phone one more time but still no texts or calls.

She waited another 5 minutes and checked her phone for the last time. Still nothing. She decided she waited long enough so she walks into her building and pushes the button for the elevator.

She leans against the wall across from the elevator looking out of the glass doors and sees her neighbor Keith walking up the with a girl under his arm, she watched as he whispered in the girl's ear making her giggle. Y/n quickly reaches for the button pushing it rapidly in hopes that she wouldn't have to be stuck in the elevator with them. The elevator finally comes and she jumps in pushing her floor, She lets out a sigh of relief but the doors open back up letting Keith and that girl in.

Y/n stood on the side looking forward waiting impatiently to get off the elevator until she noticed Keith staring at her with his arms wrapped around the girl's waist. She rolled her eyes and looked down at her phone.

~Sorry i got caught up at work. I'll make it up to you i promise.

~Don't bother.
-Read 8:17

She rolled her eyes once more then the elevator finally came to a stop. They all walked off together to their apartments when Y/n realizes she left her keys inside. Keith opens his door and tells the girl he was with to wait for him inside. He then leans against his doorway and watches Y/n with a smirk on his face.

Y/n presses her back against the door and slides down to the floor. Keith just laughs to himself. "What's funny" she says with an attitude.

"Nothing nothing" he puts his hands up in defense.

"No go ahead tell me I wanna laugh too" . At this point she was beyond irritated

"That nigga stood you up again didn't he"

"Why you worried about it" she shrugs.

"Because I told you too stop fucking with him now look at you" he says pointing his hand in her direction.

"Look i'm already in a bad mood so unless you got a key to this apartment imma need you to stop talking to me" she says standing up

"I don't have a key but I have a couch" He opens his door up for her.

"Thanks" she starts to walk in but Keith puts his arm in front of the doorway blocking her.

"It's gonna cost you though" he smirks

"Cost me what exactly" she folds her arms

"Let me take you out and show what a real man is like" he looks her up and down biting his lip.

"you....a real man, you got a whole girl in there right now and you asking me out how do you sound"

"She's just a friend..Come on Y/n just say yes"

She didn't really have any other choice the manager's office didn't open until the morning and she couldn't just stay out there all night.

"Fine"

(tbc... thoughts?)