46

Rio

9:58 p.m.

His face is hard under my fist, before I pull my hand back in refrain. My dark clouded gaze fixates on the blood deliberately peering out of the man's nose.

And through gritted teeth, I grip the collar of his stained shirt into my curling fingertips tightly; lifting him from the soles of his feet.

"WHERE IS SHE?" I yell in his face.
Afterward, I watch the dark haired man's face plaster a smirk - as if the anger boiling up within me ain't enough.

I throw another hit, after another merciless one, causing more of the thick red liquid to dominate my clenched fist.

My adrenaline rages, increasing by the second. Shoving the gang member up against the car's hard surface, both my hands clutch onto his shirt again.

I look into the thug's swollen eyes. "I'm gonna ask you one more time." I spit, offering a threatening glare. "One more time." I warn abruptly, just before I pull out my old golden gun from the rem of my dark jeans. I pull down the precious hammer, and my pointer finger grazes the cold trigger.

I aim it at his face.

"Where is she?" I question once more - my jaw hardened and clenched as I don't contain a sliver of hesitation to pull the trigger if I don't get the response I'm looking for.

6:40 p.m.

The thin map is light in my hands, as I sit up on the comfortable black couch to gather more concentration on the source.

"How do you know it was them?" I hear Ann start over me, before I peer up momentarily to see her. "I'm asking because anyone could've took her..." She adds, just when my gaze flicks up to her when I lean back, seeing her standing upright behind my couch.

"When you asked if we had any people that oppose us and whatnot," I respond huskily, fixating on her hazel specks above mine, "that gave me the idea." I say, sitting up before I lick my lips, and scan across the thin paper in my grip again. "We met back at East Wayward..." I begin lowly.

"And ever since my men and his never got even. So we knew it was unfinished business. So..." I drag huskily, keeping my focused gaze on the map. "This is gotta be it."

I hear Blondie release a sigh, behind me. "So the map, as if this were an episode of Dora, is necessary?" She questions within a murmur, and I peer over my shoulder.

My moistened lips curve, as I shake my head in disagreement. "Nah... maybe it ain't necessary." I state. "But according to the fact that I know they're stayin' North from here... now it just might be..." I finish in sarcasm, reverting from her dumbfounded expression.

I trail a finger up the map, in thought. "Now c'mon, Blondie. Help me out."

As soon as she comes around from the corner of the black couch to near me, her daughter runs into the living room. The Mini Blondie asks her mommy for a snack, in which Ann tells her to wait, gently.

I feel my lips twitch at the sight of Abby nodding in understanding, before she jogs back into the kitchen.

"Alright." Ann clasps her hands together, successfully gathering my attention. "So how exactly do we know this gang is staying North?" She starts, claiming the cushion next to me as she peers down at the map in my firm hold.

"Well," I take in a sharp breath, following her anticipated gaze. "They shouldn't be any further down from us, 'cause of where they came down from. I highly doubt they'll be too far out, same goes for sticking around South. Our best bet is that they're two hours or so from here." I say, fixing my dark brown eyes on Ann's hazel ones.

"As long as I stay on Route 90, I should be good." I finish, coming to a stand in my navy blue button down shirt, before I make my way towards the front door.

"Annnnd I can't help but pick up the 'I' you just dropped..." Blondie states, and I glance back at her, watching her come to a firm stand from the black couch. Her arched eyebrows raise.

"Oh! Almost forgot." I clear my throat, turning around to face her completely before I shove a hand in the pocket of my jeans. I plunge out Victoria's car keys, reaching them out toward Ann when I gesture for her to take it.

"Yeah she dropped these, too." I explain, holding my hand out as the keys dangle from it. "It needs to driven back here, before it gets towed."

In return, a humorless laugh escapes Blondie. "I- you're ditching me? You were just sitting down and planning-"

"I guess I gotta remind you I can't let anything happen to you." I interrupt lowly, gesturing she take the car keys. "Now here."

"Vic is missing I'm looking for her too-"

"You can wait while I'm out doing that-"

"Don't tell me to wait, Rio she's my sister and I love her-"

"Well you must've forgot how much she cares about you." I state abruptly, over her. I immediately notice her features soften, after my raised tone. My tongue sweeps across my lips briefly, as I shake my head. "You're not comin'. Because again, I simply can't let anything happen to you." I confirm, throughly.

Before my standing frame I watch Ann swallow, when the foyer drifts into silence. A rather awkward silence.

I breathe out a low breath, just when a sound from the kitchen occurs.

"Mommy!" Abby shouts - her youthful tone loud and high pitched.

Just then I take the opportunity to turn around, and continue in my tracks toward the front door.

"Your mini me is waitin' on that snack." I remind, peering over my shoulder to see her narrowing her gaze at me. My lips tug upward, to form a smirk, before I toss her the keys to Victoria's Nissan.

Ann catches it the first shot, I see, before I turn around and pull open the front door, and head down the porch steps to get to my BMW. The map I once held in my grip was left on the coffee table back in the house - the memory of my intended route jotted in my head.

I slide into my car, before igniting the engine, and back out of the driveway - immense determination settling in my pumping veins as I head towards Route 90.

---

Thank you for reading, loves!!

The next chapter will be RIO's as well! ;)

Hit that star below if you enjoyed!

Lots of love,

xx