Chapter 26: Satin

Note: I made it before November. *victory dance* Take that, Jessie, love of my life. Hahaha. I finally finished this chapter. I've been working on it fleetingly for a few days now. Sorry, guys. My thesis takes precedence so I have to focus on that one. Wew. I just hope this chapter is clear. It's a long one, as usual, so typos are expected. Hahaha.

Don't forget to vote and comment too! Thank you. *salute*

xXxXxXxXxXxXx

"Fire!"

Two streams of thick flames shot at me with blazing speed as Gray and Tia teamed up to fight against me. I raised my hands and shot back with my ice that was cold enough to freeze a river. It collided with the flames midway and I pushed as strong as I could. It was too much but I wasn't giving up. The flames from Gray were more than halfway towards me and he continuously proved to be stronger than I imagined him to be.

"Add more power, Tia!" He barked at the witch-face who was sweating really hard now.

That was a good sign for me. The moment Tia breaks into sweat usually marks the start of her exhaustion. Pretty soon, her fire power will weaken. Easy target. While I tried to keep Gray's fire at bay, I pushed more ice power towards Tia, breaking through her concentration. It even pushed her back a little, causing her to lose focus completely and my ice going all the way to her, freezing her arms.

"Shit! I'm done for today!" She shouted at everyone before melting the ice on her arms and going to the sides where Kaiser, Allie, Caleb, Cassie, and Leon were watching.

"Guess it's just you and me, babe." I heard Gray said over the noise made by the continuous collision of our powers. The jerk was smirking at me too.

Ugh. Digusting pig. I concentrated with pushing against his flames. He was in a stalking stance and his fiery eyes were predatory. Our movements and steps were matching, like we were preparing for a dance. He takes one slow step to his right and I take the same to my right to keep our distance. With the intentions to hurt apparent in our eyes, it's obvious that this dance was deadly from the beginning.

"Seems like it, but I made up my mind already not to lose to the likes of you," I shouted at him, punctuating my statement with a fake smile.

"Oh, I'd love to see how you can manage that. Ymir's powers are strong, but Adramelek's fire are stronger." He proved his point by adding more power to his flames, closing in on me. Two streams, fiery red-orange and icy bluish white, creating one line that stretched between us.

"Keep at it, Satin!" Caleb cheered me on as I struggled a little to keep my hold against Gray's power.

"You can do it, Satin!" Allie joined in. Ugh. I don't need you to cheer for me. I hate you.

Yes, I really do. She just gave me another reason to hate her more. She can kill me. Regardless of what she said during the meeting, she can kill me with just one careless move. Damn it. I have to be stronger, both body and mind. Sparring with her would be interesting as long as her eyes do not connect with mine.

"Satin, watch out!" The chorus of warning snapped me out of my thoughts but it was a little too late for me to keep holding against the flames. Gray's fire broke through my powers and shot straight at me. Thankfully, I was able to move out of the way and the fiery stream hit a tree instead, quickly swallowing its length in fire. I turned to the others and saw Cassie with a smug look on her plastic bitchy face.

"Lost concentration, princess?" Gray was still smirking as he walked towards me. "I'm hot, I know. But you really should get past that when we're fighting."