Chapter 45: Allie

Note: Well, you already know the reasons why my updates have been really slow lately. So I'm not going to make myself redundant here. As for the typos, just let them be for awhile unless they're really distracting, then let me know! >_<

Anyway! Hope you will still enjoy this. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! Really motivates me when I read comments. Thank you!

                                            xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

I found myself walking toward the clearing after Lord Rion adjourned our meeting. It's been three days since I brought the lifeless body of my best friend back to his house and to his parents, and instead of feeling more motivated to fight for him, I suddenly feel that I am at my weakest. Worse, I feel like I am the most useless friend anyone could ever have.

I could hear the quiet humming of the demon princes in my head, even Satan. I can't really explain how I can point out which prince is dominating in my mind. What's weird though is that I haven't heard Kalisha speak in a while. Did the demons do something to her? Or is she just watching quietly as always.

"There is something about you, perfect temple..." I heard Satan spoke.

What?

His response was a loud, piercing laughter before saying, "Something... You don't even realize how dark your heart is. I can tell you one thing though, you will cause these pathetic worms more pain than help."

What are you talking about?

His laughter died down to a chuckle. "I can see now what Beel was going about. You are useless. But... I see tremendous potential. Considering you killed your very best friend to appease Mammon."

I felt pain in my chest and in my hands. I looked down and saw that I was clenching my fists so hard; I was leaving marks on them. No bleeding though.

Don't fucking remind me again...

"Don't tell me what to do, temple. I don't take kindly to orders. Even from you."

The pain I felt in my chest intensified instantly. I could feel my body's temperature rising; I thought I would burn. I don't know if I screamed out loud because I was screaming my lungs out in my head. It was so painful! What is this?

"Enjoy the experience, perfect temple... That's if you can even remember how this all began..."

The last thing I remembered were those words before something happened to my sight. I couldn't see anything at all and I can't seem to order my body to do anything. What's going on?

I don't know how long I was in that condition. I could briefly hear the humming of the demons in my head. Still no sign of Kalisha. I could see nothing but darkness. I should start to panic but I didn't. I felt... at ease in this darkness. And knowing that I felt comfort in such state, that's when I started to panic.

Get me out of here, you bastards!

No reply. No reactions. Even the humming sounds were gone. No sounds whatsoever but my own voice in my head. Until...

"... the fuck, Allie?" I heard someone say. It was faint but I could make out some words and the tone which didn't sound happy to me.

I desperately looked around me then my surroundings slowly turned to gray. And when I shook my head, I could finally see again. The first thing I saw was Satin, looking more annoyed than I have ever seen her.