Chapter 32: Allie

NOTE: Wew. I am seriously taking advantage of myself these days. So inspired to write again. And it helped too that I have less stuff to do in one of my jobs. Yay!

Don't forget to vote and leave comments. They're very much appreciated! Plus they motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                                   xXxXxXxXxXxXx

I watched Caleb leave the library in a hurry. I had the strong urge to follow him, wanted to asked him more about what his demons said, but something held me back. Satin and Raina stopped in their tracks when they also saw him leave as quickly and as inconspicuously as possible.

How do I break the deal? I wonder what the exact words of the Fates were. Accept the deal without hesitations, no doubts, and everything might just become clearer. That's what he said. How can you expect me to just nod to that and ignore someone's death? A death that was kinda caused by me? Even if they tell me that it is not my fault and that Tia's death was not my fault, I can't just dismiss things like that. I made the deal and accepted it without thinking. Now, that I know what it truly meant, all I can think of now is how I don't want anyone to die because of my powers.

"It is never simple with the demons, Allie."

I know. I've learned that and still continue to learn more about that. I just hate how they always turn everything upside down and make it look like it was my fault for being too human.

"I know how you feel..."

No, you don't. We shared the same fate as the perfect temples but you don't know how I truly feel right now. So many people died because of me!

Kalisha didn't say anything immediately but I could feel her presence still. Did I hear a sob...?

"How many deaths are on your conscience now, Allie?"

Seth.. Tia.. and those who died at the carnival and even those men who work for Kira and Lucius. I know that even in my head, my answer felt unsure.

"I see. So it never occured to you that my mother and brother both had killed thousands of people in the past just to give me the demon princes that I never wanted in the first place? It never made you wonder how those deaths made me feel? They celebrated my nature that way."

Damn it... I've been worried so much about me that I become quite insensitive toward Kalisha and other people around me too.

I'm sorry...

She remained quiet then a few seconds later was replaced by the annoying demons three.

"So, human, what's it going to be? Do you accept the deal completely?" Mammon asked, his old man's voice in place.

In your dreams.

"She's feisty. I like her but... she won't last long with that attitude," his words directed to his brothers.

I looked at the people around me, still in the library. Leon was escorting Lord Rion to a chaise lounge near an open window. The old man looked ready to fade away. Pale and weak.

The twins were whispering to each other in another corner. They looked to be arguing about something and Cassie looked like she's going to claw her twin sister's face. I can only guess that it's about the random selection of training partners. Satin versus Cassie. That was one physical fight that I decided never to want to see. But, as expected, just my fucking luck.

"It's going to be interesting in the next few days..." I heard Beelzebub say in his annoying voice that leaves a buzzing sound in my head.