Chapter 3: Allie

NOTE: Votes and comments on every chapter are much appreciated! They motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                                                 xXxXxXxXxXxXx

"You okay?" Blake's voice sounded distant. "Allie..."

It was gone. I looked around again, hoping to get a glimpse of anything out of normal. My head felt heavy. Dizzy. It also felt like something or someone was watching me as I struggle to get a grip of myself. What happened? Was I just being paranoid?

"Hey, Allie." He snapped his fingers in front of my face. "You okay? You're sweaty."

I blinked, somewhat waking up from my reverie. "Wha--what?"

"Are you sick?"

"No... I--" I looked towards the entrance and saw more students coming in. Just that. Nothing different. "I must be imagining things."

"Maybe you're just hungry." He pushed his tray towards me. "Take the banana. You look like you need some potassium in you."

I looked back to Blake and tried to keep calm. "Just awhile ago, you didn't feel anything weird in the room or something?"

"It's hot. It's always been like that since this morning."

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, murmuring. "That's weird.."

"You sure you're not sick?" He really looked worried. His brows are creasing and he's starting to frown.

I smiled to reassure him and took the banana from his tray to appease him. "I'm just fine. Maybe it's really just hunger plus the heat."

 "If you say so." But I can tell that he's not convinced at all. He would still throw glances at me while he eats and I had to pretend that I am not aware.

With the silence growing between us, the cold incident sneaked into my mind again. I can't just dismiss it. Something strange really happened to me and I know something or someone caused it. But why me? No one else seemed to have experienced it.

"I'm going home." I hurriedly went out.

"What? But you have a test in American History later." He scrambled to his feet, following me in the hallway and out into the school yard, tripping on the way. "You can't miss that, Allie."

"I can't think straight right now, Blake. I'm serious. I--" I can't tell him. I am not even sure what really happened so I can't tell him and explain why it affected me so much. "I'll just ask for a special test. I really don't think I'm fit to take any tests." I sighed for effect. "I think I'm coming down with a fever."

"Do you want me to drive you home?"

"It's okay. I'll just take the bus. Go to class now. I will be fine."

"But--"

I held him by the shoulders and look him straight in the eyes. "Trust me, Blake. I will be fine."

He looked like he was going to argue but he must have noticed that I am not in the mood to accommodate him. "Okay. But make sure you send me a text when you get home, okay?"

I just nodded to avoid more discussions. I appreciate Blake's worry. I really do. In fact, he worries more about me than my own mother does. I could never expect anything from that woman. I walked away from Blake, walking towards the nearest bus stop. When I looked back and saw that he went back inside the school, I took a detour through an alley and headed for the city.