Chapter 30: Allie

NOTE: Okay! Finally got this chapter together! Wow, almost three months from the last one. Sorry! Just got really busy and didn't have the time and sometimes, the drive to write. But here it is now. Didn't have time to edit the technical parts. Will do that next time.

Votes and comments on every chapter are much appreciated! They motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                                   xXxXxXxXxXxXx

The ice wall that protected us collapsed. The next thing I felt were Lucius' hands around my neck. His grip was strong, getting tighter as seconds passed by. I tried to fight back, focused on getting off his hold before I die from suffocation.

"Ah... ugh..." I continued to struggle as I was lifted off the ground, making it even more difficult for me to breathe.

"Yes, that's it. Struggle some more, perfect temple." His words were accompanied by a sneer.

I can't let him win. I can't....

Gray was suddenly there as his fiery fists attacked Lucius. He pushed the scarred man away from me, forcing him to let me go. I coughed violently when I fell on the ground. I was desperate to get more air into my lungs before I got back on my feet.

"Ah, the perfect temple." I heard a soothing voice say from somewhere near. I looked up and saw a man in white, commanding so much presence.

"Gather around Caleb! Now!" Lord Rion shouted the command and we all obliged without hesitation.

We surrounded Caleb and Melinda, who was still unconscious. We formed a defensive circle that will keep Caleb from being attacked.

"Pathetic defense. I expected more from you, Lord Rion." The man in white commented with a hint of disrespect.

"It's better than no defense at all." Lord Rion said. He sounded tired. The fight must be too much for him even if he is a demon temple.

"True." The masked man nodded as if he was considering what was said, walking around us like it was just a pleasant evening walk. "Still breakable though."

"Don't underestimate the powers of our demons." Despite the obvious exhaustion, I have to give it to the old man for putting a brave face, staring down the man in white.

"I actually think your demons are pathetic." He looked amused then he pointed at me. "Except for her, of course. But... she doesn't know the powers she hold."

I felt  my body stiffened a little; it made my fists clenched. I can't look away from the man as if something kept my attention glued to him. I can't even look at the other bad guys and the hell dogs surrounding us. To make matters worse, Leviathan and Beelzebub have gone crazy inside me, screaming in a language I could barely understand. I tried to block them off. I wanted to focus on the man.

"I think the pathetic one here is you. Hiding behind that stupid mask," I said, trying to be brave. I was glad that my voice didn't break from fear.

He just chuckled as he continued to pace slowly. Why does he have this effect on me? He makes me want to run away scared. He drives my demons to the edge. Who is this man?

"Hiding? No, dear. I am not hiding. I just don't want to shock people."

"What do you have to hide behind that mask?" Tia asked bravely. "An ugly face?"

The man spared the fire temple a glance, but ignored her questions. He returned his looks to me and said, "I think you know who I am."

"Me?" My voice came out low, barely audible.