Chapter 9: Satin

Note: Proofreading will be done some other time. So just ignore any typos for now. ^^"

Also, votes and comments on every chapter are much appreciated! They motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                               xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Lying on the wet, grassy ground as I stared at the night sky, my thoughts raced. Allie Sanders was more powerful than anything we've come across before. But how exactly is something I can't put my finger on. What happened back there? Leviathan charged at her and disappeared. Did he enter her body? Shit, I hope not. But that power...

I tried to move, but my body felt heavy.

"Satin, let's go." I heard Caleb spoke from somewhere.

I actually forgot about him for a minute there. "I can't move." I could hear his footsteps nearby, and a moment later, he slowly helped me up. When he let go, I almost fell again, but he caught me immediately.

"It can't be helped now. We have to rethink everything."

"Magnus said if we can't send a demon prince by the end of the week, the deal's off."

"I'll explain things to him and about Allie. She's more than I thought she would be."

"We're telling him about Allie?" I didn't like the idea and I don't know why. If Magnus could have her killed, it would make our job easier. But I can't sit with it. Something is just not right. Always.

"What reason do we have for not able to complete the first job? We almost had it then she appeared. Did that Kaiser guy pose a big problem?"

"Yeah. Somehow. He's got a demon in him. A demon that has control over blades. I told you we should have paid a little more attention to her and whoever was around her."

He ignored my 'I-told-you-so' comment and focused on what happened. "Must be Yokai." Caleb sighed loudly. "We almost had it. If only Allie didn't come. You know, it's almost as if Leviathan willingly came to her."

That surprised me. She's not normal. Something is really up with that girl. I remember that eye contact in class yesterday. I had to go through that awkward introduction thing. Caleb and I were in different classes so I was on my own. I expected my classmates' reactions upon seeing me and the boys paid extra attention to me, hanging on to my every word. When someone asked me where I came from, it was easy to say that I hailed from England and that I've been home-schooled my whole life. I told them about my American cousin, Caleb, who was also a new student in this school but in a different class. I punctuated my introduction with my best smile. I really love those admiring looks from the guys and the jealousy I seem to evoke from the female population.

But something made me wary in that classroom. When I clapped eyes with this one girl in class, something happened. She was seated in the middle of the room. She had long, wavy, black hair and a nose piercing. She had bruises all over her face but I can still see that she's beautiful. Almond shaped, deep green eyes. Small straight nose. Slightly pale thin lips. All these on a heart-shaped face. Looking at her, it felt like I was being pulled or something in me was being pulled towards her. It scared me so I looked away and pretended not to be affected. 

Yes, I was scared but I was also curious. So I chose to sit beside her. When I told Caleb about what happened after class, he told me that it was her. The girl from the cafeteria. My blood boiled but Caleb told me to let her be. Our job was our priority and Meredith Decker was part of that. So I just ignored the girl who was called Allie Sanders and pretended that she didn't exist. Her and her friends, acne boy Blake and the newly transferred peacock guy, Kaiser. Caleb ignored them too and we both focused all our efforts and attention to our job. A job that failed epically on its first execution because of her.