Chapter 23: Allie

Note: Sorry for another long delay. The words I needed to write this chapter just hit me earlier today. So it's like a runaway train again. I'm sure there will be typos. I know it gets really annoying already but just leave them for now. Will edit some other time. >_<

Don't forget to vote and comment too! Thank you. >_<

                                                xXxXxXxXxXxXx

I lay awake in bed thinking about what happened. It was already past 2 AM, and with a little alternative rock playing on my phone, I replayed the fights in my head. I still couldn't believe that Satin helped us. But more than that, I now have two demon princes in my body. So far, I don't feel anything different though and I'm glad that they've been quiet since the final cyclone at the carnival.

"That was one messy encounter." I remembered the furious winds uprooting huge trees and tents around and just blowing them off to different directions. Dead bodies too were just being thrown here and there. Carnival rides were completely destroyed. Beelzebub's winds were scary. With Leviathan's water, I think I am already dangerous on my own.

"You wish..." I heard Beelzebub scoffed at me. Figures. I never expected you to sing hallelujahs for me.

I waited and expected another snide remark from him but there was silence instead. I guess that's better. I hate it when one of them starts to talk because I can just imagine that somewhere along the ranting and complaining, an insult will be directed at the other demon prince and the ear-splitting screaming will begin, followed by the irritating bickering. Leviathan and Beelzebub were almost like typical rowdy boys in a human family.

With the silence in my head, I replayed more scenes and sighed. So many people died today. And the carnival was mostly destroyed. These will be all over the news. What explanation would people have about what happened? And those black wolves. Was the masked man really there? How about the scarred one? If so, why were they there? Were they following me? But... were they really after me? Or Beelzebub...? Ugh. I'm getting a headache.

Listening to music was starting to soothe me a little at least so I turned the volume up some more. It also helped drive away the eerie feeling of being in a huge room alone. A huge room illuminated by moonlight through the windows, casting an atmosphere of mystery. In the past, what made it more unnerving was the idea of hearing voices in my head. But now I'm just used to those. I turned to my side, facing the windows. It's still dark outside. And quiet.

A few more minutes and I started thinking about my school. Yeah, I hated that place because of most people there. But I missed it. I missed a lot of classes and I'm worried about my class standing. My one-week absence would cost me a lot of points. I sighed again and thought of Blake. I sort of missed the nerd. I wanted to see him at least. A familiar face would be good for me but that might not be a good idea with my mission as a constant reminder that I am in a minefield. I wonder what would he would say though if I tell him everything that's been going on with me. But I was worried that someone from the bad guys' side would see me with him if I pushed through with it. That's courting disaster. I definitely wouldn't want him to be in any danger because of me.

Seriously, how could my life change so much in a short span of time? Fat chance for an instant answer to that so I better get some sleep instead. Lord Rion arranged a family meeting after breakfast. Family and me. I don't know if Satin's group will be invited to the meeting as well. I doubt that. We still couldn't trust them fully regardless of how well we worked together. Add to that one of my worst fears becoming a reality. Seeing the twins and Satin in one room.

Thud. Thud.

My head quickly turned towards the door when I heard the sound. I thought I heard footsteps. I lowered the volume of my music until it was down to zero, then listened intently. There it was again. Someone was outside my room. I slowly got out of bed and walked as nimbly as I could towards the door. Then I lay flat on my stomach on the floor, looking through the gap under the door. There was a little bit of light coming from the lamps that aligned the hallway. It was dim but if anything or anyone would pass by my door, there will still be shadows. I waited for a few more minutes, but there were no shadows.