Chapter 36: Allie

NOTE: This took me longer than I expected. Finally found the drive to get this out. I finally finished it. I'm so happy. T_T

Please ignore the typos and any spelling errors. But if they are major ones, let me know!

Enjoy! And don't forget to vote and comment!

                                                        xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Tomorrow is the day of the next extrication job. It's the fourth one already but for me, I think this is going to be the most difficult job for everyone. For me especially. Not only because we'll be dealing with the wrathful Satan but also because I'm very much close with the person who has him. I think the later is a bigger reason for me because I am afraid of what could happen to Blake if I mess things up since I still seemed to have the tendency to do that.

During training with Annabeth, I almost killed the little girl when I lost control of a hurricane that I created. But the creepy girl just giggled while the wind slashed her. When I finally got rid of it, she was almost covered with blood from head to her little feet. Her dress was completely ruined. Yet, she applauded me and asked me what memory triggered me to summon such a violent wind. I told her, of course.

It was a memory from when I was still in middle school and Mom just came home from work. She was already drunk and pretty much dragging herself into the house. When she saw me, just woken up, groggy and complaining a little, she immediately grabbed me by the hair and slammed my head against the wall. My surroundings whirled instantly and I felt something wet trickled down my neck. And yet, it wasn't enough for her so she dragged me, still by my hair, back to my room and went crazy with me. I was absent from school for a week because she managed to turn me into a fucking vegetable. The punchline of that scene, she nursed me back to health and made it my fault that she did that.

Yeah, that's what triggered the anger in that little hurricane. Just one of those memories that make me hate my mom so much and forget about who she was when sober, a woman beaten down by age, stress, and loneliness. Annabeth then analyzed the memory and gave me her theory as to why it fueled such a violent wind. It was like a session with a psychologist too.

Yesterday's training was intense and I was sorry for what happened to Annabeth. She just dismissed my apology though and acted like it was nothing. Oh well... It was done. I have to focus on today.

I dragged myself out of bed this morning, dreading a lot of things. I don’t know why, but I should be happy today. I finally got Lord Rion’s permission to visit Blake before the extrication job. I did the best that I could to make the old man understand how important this is for me. Well, I exaggerated a little about the need for me to see him. He believed me when I said that I have to know his plans for tomorrow and that I have to let his parents see me. It helped my cause too that I spoke with him alone, not having to worry about Caleb reading my head, or the others interrupting and going against what I wanted to do.

Honestly, the reason I wanted to see Blake was because I am not quite sure of how this will end. I spent the last couple of days learning to master the powers of Beelzebub and understanding Mammon's dangerous deal with me. It was kinda difficult to focus when the three demons inside me were rambling on and on about what amused them during my training. And of course, Beelzebub didn't forget to remind me that I was useless in so many ways; I've lost count. I still couldn't make him bow to me but I was at least able to control the wind more than I could before; thanks to that memory and Annabeth's analysis.

I am not giving up though. I have to make him acknowledge me as his master as Leviathan did only a day after I got him. Then Mammon.

Mammon. Ugh. He's just so unpredictable; I'm afraid to use his powers again. I don't even want to experiment even when I have theories about the deal. It's beacuse he might want a different sacrifice this time and I can't just depend on luck that he won't choose my best friend. He and his brothers enjoy my misery and I won't rule Blake out as a candidate for his random sacrifices. I'm sure he'll consider him, knowing my relationship with him.