Chapter 7: Satin

NOTE: Votes and comments on every chapter are much appreciated! They motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                                                  xXxXxXxXxXxXx

I tried to talk about Allie Sanders when we got home yesterday but Caleb dismissed it before I could say more. So I kept my mouth shut and focused on our plans of getting Leviathan.

Water. That's the elemental power of the sea serpent. But I have ice. In some instances, it's stronger. I think I can deal some damages. But this is Leviathan we're talking about. Stronger than 10000 water demons combined. If it comes down to a fight, will I even stand a chance?

We spent last night planning on how to get the swim team captain alone since she's always surrounded by her posse of beauty queen wanna-be's especially her friend, Samantha. Caleb came up with the idea of isolating Meredith, leaving her no time to meet up with her group. It was easy enough. The girl seemed to be on cloud nine when Caleb put the moves on her. She even agreed to meet him at the indoor pool after classes when no one's around anymore. I rolled my eyes mentally while secretly listening to their conversation. Can't she tell that Caleb's words were dripping with honey?

At six in the evening, our target has just finished changing from her swimsuit to her casual clothes. She was expecting to go on a date with Caleb who was waiting for her by the indoor pool. I was hiding in the shadows waiting for my cue. It was a breeze. The girl's head was in the clouds, distracted, so she didn't have the chance to run away when I attacked her. She started screaming which irritated me so I knocked her unconscious. I could have killed her but we need her alive.

Caleb started the process, binding Meredith against the wall. The words of his ancestors flowing from his lips. When he stopped, our target looked like she's been crucified.

"Keep your guards up. You already know that when I start the process, I won't be able to do anything else. So if anything happens or if anyone disrupts, do whatever you can." Caleb said, his eyes on Meredith still.

I nodded and tried to gauge his mood. He's nervous. Shaking hands and deathly pale lips. Sweaty forehead and constant swallowing. I can see though that he's trying to calm his nerves. I stepped back a little, the vessel in my hand. "Let's do it, Caleb."

He started the invocation again then lifted his right hand, poised like a claw ready to grab unto something.

"Leviathan has been dormant for centuries. We're luckier than we thought." He finally smiled.

That was a relief. It means I don't have to fight.

"Get away from her!" The sudden intrusion of a voice jolted me a little.

I turned towards the door and I saw Allie and the new student, Kaiser, sheer determination on their faces. Caleb turned from Meredith to look at our unexpected visitors.

"Put the box in front of Meredith, and deal with them."

"Got it." Leaving the box, I approached them slowly, thinking of a way to handle them.

"I'll take care of Satin, Allie. Just distract her cousin from completing the process. He can't attack you as long as he's in that state." I heard Kaiser instructed Allie.

Take care of me? Don't make me laugh. Ymir's power will freeze you to death even before you could breathe the air around me.

He suddenly disappeared! He was just standing there a second ago and now, he's gone.

"Looking for me, Satin?" He whispered from behind, an arm around me and a sword held against my neck.

Where did he get the sword? He wasn't holding anything awhile ago. "You're fast."