Chapter 41: Satin

Note: Because I was once again threatened, here's the next chapter. Curse you, CHEESECAKE and BROWNIES!

Don't forget to vote and comment. Tell me what you think of the chapter, the story so far and the characters!

                                            xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Allie can't be dead. She's strong. I hate to admit it but she's getting stronger than I am. So she can't be dead. Even if she was fighting a demon prince. She can't easily be defeated like that.

Yet, she laid there motionless on the ground, bleeding profusely. Annabeth kept calling for her to wake up but she wasn't responding, not even a finger was moving to acknowledge the creepy girl's voice. Nor a blink. Nothing. It can't be...

"Satin, behind you!"

I didn't know who said it but I immediately turned, raising my arm in defense even though I didn't know what or who was behind me. A huge helldog that was almost as big as me was standing only a few feet away. Its mouth was half-opened, showing teeth that were dripping with blood and drool. Its wild-looking red eyes were fixed on me as it growled nonstop, preparing to attack. And even from this distance, I could smell the stench that was either coming from its body or its mouth.

I took a tentative step back and that made the creature launch at me, opening its mouth wider. I crossed my arms and raised them to defend, channeling strong ice powers to harden my skin almost like steel. Before the dog could touch me, I swung my crossed arms against its head, knocking the monster to the side. It shook its head briefly then growled and prepared to attack again. This time though, two more helldogs of almost the same size appeared next to it, left and right.

A staring competition ensued as I waited for them to make a move. They didn't take a step forward. Nor did they move back. They just stood there, four legs spread for balance, twitching their tails and growling. Their eyes trained on me. They were probably also just waiting for me to do something.

Damn it. If they suddenly jump at me all at the same time from this close distance, I might be seriously fucked up. So I ran to put a wider distance between us, but they were so fast when they ran after me. I turned a little while still running then fired ice spikes nonstop. Two got hit between the eyes, killing them instantly. The one who attacked me first though still survived and was still hot on my heels.

"Fucking persistent bastard!" I stopped to face it and it continued to charge at me until it was just within my arm's reach. I immediately grabbed its head, placed my foot on its neck, and pulled as hard as I could . It struggled and tried to claw my arms but I froze my skin again like earlier, so its attempts were useless. I continued to pull until I heard the sound of tearing flesh and breaking bones. The struggle stopped and the dog's body fell to the ground. I threw the head away then  kicked the body out of the way before I turned to join the riot of people and helldogs trying to kill each other.

I briefly noticed Cassie fighting three men armed with long swords. Nothing to worry there, the plastic bitch can really fight. She did a somersault to avoid a scissor attack from two swordsmen and when she landed behind them, she grabbed their heads and slammed them against each other. The men slumped to the ground like disposed mannequins. The last man slashed his sword at her, but the siren temple just moved to her left. Another slash followed, but again, she just evaded, then elbowed the guy on the face when he got closer, before delivering a roundhouse kick that made the target turn completely before falling to the ground, unconscious.

Her twin and Annabeth were behind her, each holding a baseball bat. Where the hell did they get those? A couple of guys were also lying unconscious on the ground next to them.