Chapter 33: Satin

NOTE: Okidoki! Another training chapter! Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and leave comments. I love reading what you have to say about the story or characters! And also, I'll do editing some other time. *salute*

                                                   xXxXxXxXxXxXx

There are two kinds of people that I abhor the most in the world: people who lie and people like  Cassie Cordelia Thorne. A lot of people, for different reasons, would hate liars. But for Cassie? I just hate her for being so perfect and thinking so high of herself. Bitch.

She should be grateful that I only attacked the floor where she was standing on yesterday at the library, because I initially wanted to pin her feet to the ground with much smaller ice spikes. Lucky her, I was able to stop myself. Maybe out of respect to her grandfather who might not need more problems to deal with. He looked ready to just drop dead anytime.

When I woke up this morning, Tia's absence still didn't feel real. I still expected to see her witchy face the moment I opened my eyes. She's truly gone and I've been sleeping alone in our room for two nights now. Caleb for some unknown reasons chose to spend his nights at the library. Hmm.. Caleb. His revelations yesterday left me with more questions. Is he avoiding me? I'd be surprise if he wasn't. Asshole.

I got out of bed, did a little bit of warm up to get my body system kicking, then showered quickly before coming down for breakfast. Allie was not so far behind me and wow, she looked like shit, as if she was chased all over hell by thousands of demons. I tried to hide my smile at the image as she passed me by the door to the dining hall to get settled.

I can feel it. Today is going to be an amazing day. Not only because I get to trash Cassie's face without anyone stopping me, but also because I saw Allie looking like that. The demon princes must be giving her a hard time. I don't really hate Allie, but she's just too dangerous. I'd rather have her distracted by her inner struggles than go crazy with the powers she attained from the princes.

As I was about to follow inside, the twins came down the stairs. Both looking expensive in their morning outfits, and both noses were already up in the air. If there's one thing that I actually agree with Gray about anything, it's that that the twins are extremely annoying. Snotty bitches. That Cassie especially. Her heels clicked with every step, and her movements were graceful too. Damn, somebody shoot me in the head. What the hell am I saying? Graceful, my ass.

She was smiling at something her twin sister said. But when she saw me just standing there, the smile was immediately gone, replaced by a pretty scowl. Crap, pretty scowl? Something is seriously fucked up in my brain right now.

"Good morning, Cassie," I said with a smile, but all I could think of is how I'd want to leave a huge scar on her face.

"Shut up, peasant," was her somewhat quiet reply as she passed me by. Words that were only meant for my ears.

I followed her inside, looking at her hair and somewhat felt small of a sudden. Damn. The things you could do with so much money.

There were already many people seated at the table. Actually, all the important people in this so-called team were already settled. Lord Rion was on his usual spot, the head of the table, and his son, Leon was seated to his right. The rest got settled and fuck my luck, I was seated in front of Cassie, the bitch. The moment she got comfortable and served breakfast, she glared at me as discretely as possible, but who is she kidding? It's so obvious that she's giving the death glare I often bestow upon her pig cousin, Gray, and my worm of a partner, Caleb.

"Watch out, Satin..."

I went stiff when I heard that. I looked around but no one seemed to have heard that. Was it in my head? It wasn't Ymir. It was someone else... an echoing voice in my head. I returned Cassie's glare with my own and tried to ignore the other voice that still rang in my head.