Chapter 40: Allie

Note: Because I was threatened with CHEESECAKE, here's the next chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment. I'd love to read what you think of the story and the characters so far!

                                            xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

What did he do to Blake? That was not my best friend's voice. That was Satan.

I unconsciously took a step back, my eyes fixed on his still suspended body. I watched him easily pull his arms free from the magical bonds that Caleb put on him. His legs followed then he slowly lowered himself to the ground, and with a flick of a wrist, he snuffed out the green light that surrounded him.

He stepped out of the circle, his eyes still on me. The creepy smile remained and there was no trace of Blake's personality.

"The temples of the Fates, the Guardians of Hell, and my three brothers. This is quite an ensemble."

He was still looking at me but his body turned toward Annabeth. The little girl gasped when Blake stopped in front of her. She looked up, trying not to show that she was afraid. Her eyes watered and she bit her lower lip, a whimper escaping.

"I know what you've been doing to my brothers, little girl..." Blake's voice was deep and haunting. Annabeth finally looked down, her fingers intertwining, her hands shaking. She finally appeared as her six year old self.

Then Blake moved to Caleb, closing in on him, studying the face of the Fates' temple. "Can you read what's on my mind?"

Caleb shook his head before looking away. Finally, he moved toward me, making me take another step back.

"I had an interesting talk with my three brothers yesterday. Seemed like they had taken you to Hell and that didn't change much about you. You're still naive, denying your fate."

I didn't respond. But I was desperately waiting for the other three demons to start talking in my head. To tell me something. Anything. There were no voices. Not even Kalisha's.

"I ordered them to shut up," he said as if reading my mind.

"I-Including the o-original temple..." My voice broke a little; it almost sounded like a weak squeak.

"Ahhh.. the Makarov girl. She's still around?"

I nodded.

He pursed his lips, still studying me. Then his eyes widened. "How could she have done it?"

"D-done what?"

"She was a weakling. Even more than you. How could she have done it and have you standing here? Very much alive..." His words and tone told me that he was barely listening to me.

"What a-are you talking about..?"

"She couldn't have had that much power in her. Were we wrong about her?"

I was confused. Was he talking to someone in his head? Or was he talking to my demons without me hearing? Was that even possible?

"But then again, how strong was she really?" He reached out his hand to me, making me flinch even though he wasn't doing anything more than just touch a finger on the left side of my neck.

But my mental panic was growing and I was stunned by my own fear. My mind focused on his touch that was cold like ice. He traced the curve of my neck in a slow caress that tickled and stung at the same time, up and down repetitively.

"Can you feel this, Makarov?"

Makarov...?

"I already felt you when you woke up again, Prince of Wrath..." Kalisha suddenly responded.