Chapter 6: Allie

NOTE: Votes and comments on every chapter are much appreciated! They motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                                                  xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Yesterday's events still won't sink in completely. I ended up letting Kaiser sleep on the living room sofa while I locked my door then blocked it with my own bed. Stupid, I know. He could easily slice open my door and attack me anytime he wants to. But it's all I could think of at a time when I was still a scatter-brain. I tried to chase him out of the house but he refused to budge.

"Save the world from the seven demon princes of Hell." That's what he said last night and I thought nothing more would shock the shit out of me. My response to that? I laughed so hard; I got tears in my eyes. I don't even know how I really felt. It was all just surreal. A big joke. That woman's voice kept echoing in my mind as well, telling me to trust Kaiser. Do they know each other? But who is that woman and why is her voice haunting me? Kaiser didn't say anything more after that epic line since I wasn't much to converse with in my state.

Mom called again before I left for school this morning. She reminded me to lock up because she's not coming home until later in the afternoon. Kaiser followed me on the way to school and left only when I was already inside. Oh God, it's like having an unwanted bodyguard. I got the stares and my plan of remaining invisible until I graduate was completely ruined when my schoolmates started whispering.

"I'll come back for you later, okay? Don't go home on your own," he said with his trademark grin before he left.

Do I even have a choice? He already knows where I live. I drag myself in the hallway, going to my first class when I ran into Blake. Oh shit. I forgot to text him yesterday. I had a ready apologetic smile when his eyes almost popped out of his head the moment he saw me.

"Allie, what happened to your face?" He was frantic, his eyes roaming my face. I know what he's seeing. I got bruises and bluish marks on my forehead, chin and left cheek. I'm glad I wore a long-sleeved sweater today and a pair of jeans or his panic would escalate to paranoid mother level.

"I fell at home, face first, and was knocked out. Sorry I wasn't able to text you."

"No, no, it's okay. But are you okay?"

"I'm in school, Blake. So yeah, I'm okay. Tylenol helped." I grinned at him, trying to imitate Kaiser's.

Blake sighed and stepped back a little. "Okay. I'm sorry."

"I appreciate the concern. Really. You're probably the only person," and Kaiser, I think, "who really worries about my well-being." I meant what I said about my friend. With Blake around, I can endure the rest of high school.

It was already buzzing during first period. The new girl that Blake was talking about yesterday was in my class. Pretty little thing? Are you freaking kidding me? She's beautiful! That delicate face and form. Angelic. It's like she stepped out of a fairy tale book. No wonder my friend can't help but admire her beauty. Satin. Such a pretty name. It fits her image. 

The boys were ogling her. I groaned mentally. Disgusting. Then Satin glanced at me, our eyes connected for a moment but the impact was tremendous. I felt nervous all of a sudden. Not just the ordinary nervous. It was a weird kind of nervousness. She must have felt it too because she turned away quickly and held her smile for the rest of the class. I looked away as well and tried to calm down. What was that? I tried to shake off the weird vibes and focused in class but she chose to sit next to me which made it even more difficult for me to concentrate. Something is different about her but I can't point it out. I let my hair fall forward to form a curtain between her and my face and I stole a glance. It's almost as if she reminds me of the first snow in winter. Now, I'm being poetic. I must have hit my head harder than I thought.