Chapter 18: Allie

Note: Again, just ignore any typos for now like the rest of the chapters. I will edit everything some other time. Votes and comments are greatly appreciated to motivate me and help me improve the story. Thank you! >_<

                                                xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Blood splattering. A still beating heart crashed. Strangled screams. Hysterical crying. Images and sounds mixing and replaying in my head. Like a broken record repeatedly. The images became more vivid and the sounds rang louder. I saw a young guy struggling for his life. Choking. His blood spattered around him again. His eyes slowly losing their glint. A mean-looking man holding him up like he weighed nothing. His hand around his neck, squeezing. Then the young guy looked at me before the life in him was completely extinguished. It was Seth, the younger brother of the twins.

I don't want to see this... Get me out of here! I screamed in my head, hoping desperately that someone would pull me out. My eyes felt like they were open but I wasn't seeing anything else but Seth's gruesome death. Help me! I kept screaming but my voice remained in my head.

"She's fighting it off." I heard a familiar voice. "She's coming around." It was Cassie.

"Even a fucking poisoned knife can't take down a demon temple that easily. Even more with a demon prince in her body! That wound should have been healed in just minutes." That could only be Gray. "What the hell happened to her healing powers?"

"Her healing powers worked. That's why you and Kaiser were completely healed in just seconds." This was a child's voice. Have I met her before? Maybe not. Ugh.. my head hurts. Somebody wake me up already! I struggled again to get myself out of the horror that I was seeing in my head.

"Maybe she was too weak already from the poison that she could only manage to heal you and Kaiser on her first try." Cassie suggested.

Poisoned? Was I poisoned?

"I doubt it." Carrie said. "There is something more and we'll get the answers when she wakes up."

"How long has she been unconscious?" An unfamiliar man's voice asked.

"Since yesterday morning," Lord Rion answered. "I already asked Tobias to contact the school and file a leave for her and Kaiser for the whole week.  We have to figure out what's going on with Leviathan in her body."

"And those men who attacked us." Kaiser said. He seemed to be closer to me. "The masked man knew a lot about our family and Allie."

I could hear all their words but Seth's bloody face haunted me again. The dead eyes staring at me. The hole on his chest, a horrifying sight. Black around the edges, the flesh stretched and completely torn, and thick blood oozing, heavily staining his shirt, pants, shoes and dripping down to the ground. On the ground was his heart again, still beating. Get me out of here! I screamed again in my head.

"Annabeth, can't you penetrate her thoughts?" Kaiser asked. I could hear his worries.

"I can't. But it won't be for long now. She will be awake soon. Then we'll have our answers."

They continued talking around me. The twins were crying again for the death of their younger brother. They talked about burning his body before his age catches up to him. A few moments later, Tobias returned to the room to inform Lord Rion about the approved leave of absence and something more urgent.

"His body has started to age. Dr. Flenceberg is looking into it again."

"It's to be expected. The moment an active demon leaves a temple's body, the aging process begins," Carrie said in between sobs.