Chapter 13: Allie

Note: I hope this chapter is clear. I think I confused myself at some point. If there are any typos, please ignore them for the meantime. I will do some editing soon. *salute*

Also, votes and comments on every chapter are much appreciated! They motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                                        xXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

She was falling to her death but the smile on her lips didn't waver. It was serene. Her arms were widespread as if she was just falling on a soft bed. Kalisha looked pretty even in the face of death. She was falling and I closed my eyes because I couldn't look anymore. Some craggy rock formations were protruding from the water surface. If the impact of her fall on the water won't kill her, those formations would. But when she hit the water, it was me who felt the freezing cold that swallowed her body. It was me who couldn't breathe. And when her head hit a rock, it was me who felt the sharp pain. It felt like I was inside her. The raging waves tossed her body like a broken doll, carrying her further and deeper into the ocean. I panicked. I was drowning with her. I flailed my arms and kicked my legs, trying to get to the surface. I can't die like this. Why should I die with her?

I kicked again and felt it connect with a body. I kicked for a second time but a hand caught my foot. "Calm down, ninja!" 

The hand and voice startled me awake, letting out a scream when Kaiser's face didn't fully register in my still groggy mind.

"Hey, Allie. Relax. It's just me, Kaiser. Your buddy, Kaiser." He let go of my foot and held my shoulders, shaking me hard.

Still being held while sitting on the bed, I blinked incessantly to clear my head. My mind started to recognize him and the familiarity calmed me a bit. The next thing I noticed were raindrops on the huge glass windows that aligned the right side wall. It must have rained last night or earlier. Now, the sun was up and bright.

"You can let me go now, Kaiser." With a grin and a little awkwardness probably, he released me and scooted to the edge of the bed, keeping a distance between us. I started surveying the room I was in and sighed heavily, falling back on the mattress again. I was so tired last night that I didn't pay attention to the room they put me in. I just changed my clothes and slept. Having noticed it now, it was a spacious bedroom. Big. Almost twice as big as my entire house. It was in Victorian style filled with antique furnishings, including this bed that was a little too high; bed steps were required. It was a beautiful and comfortable bed with a brass frame and four soft mattresses on top of each other. I sighed again and closed my eyes. An exemplification of how rich Kaiser's family is. There's even a crystal chandelier hanging from the high ceiling of this room. Yes, a high-ceilinged-bedroom. Makes me think of royalty and castles in England.

"Did you have a bad dream?" His voice broke into my thoughts.

I opened one eye and smiled weakly. "I think I just experienced how Kalisha died."

"She drowned."

"I know. I saw it. No... I felt it actually. It was.... scary. She was just tossed around in the water." I felt goosebumps on my arms as I tried to recall the feeling of being in the freezing water.

Kaiser rubbed his midsection and chuckled. "You have quite a kick. You have potential, Al. It won't be difficult to teach you how to fight."

"Yeah..." The word 'fight' sank in too late. I bolted upright and my eyes widened. "What?"

"What?" 

"Fight? Me?"

He grinned again and jumped off the bed, extending his arm to help me down. "Yes, and we start this afternoon. We're just waiting for my family to convene for breakfast."