Chapter 39: Satin

NOTE: Ignore typos please unless they're way too distracting for you to enjoy reading the chapter. Thank you!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

                                                        xXxXxXxXxXxXx

We arrived at the farm a few minutes before eight in the morning. When I got out of the car, my attention was immediately pulled into the field where I had my practice duel with Tia last month. I expected Caleb to say something about it, but instead he just went into the lone, abandoned farmhouse and stayed there.

"This is a perfect location. If a fight ensues, we will be ready without worrying about innocent people getting hurt," Lord Rion said, standing behind me. He studied the surrounding area as if he was buying some property.

"You are not fighting again, Gramps," Carrie said, standing next to him.

I secretly smiled when I saw the old man frowned at her.

"I can take on guys your age, dear," he said.

"I know but you won't be able to keep up most of the time." She faced her grandfather and held him by the shoulders. "You're not young anymore, Gramps. You're almost 450 years old even if you don't look like one."

"Hmp", the old man said, then sighed. "I can't promise anything."

The bitch opened her mouth to say something but the freaky Annabeth girl came.

"Caleb asked for everyone. He wanted to discuss something," she said, her big creepy eyes fixed on the old man.

"We'll be there." Lord Rion seemed too happy with the interruption and took the young girl's hand. Carrie had no choice but to follow, sighing along the way. I walked a little further behind her.

Leon was already there by the entrance like a guardian and before I could enter the house, I heard the sounds of cars. I stopped, my hand on the door, and saw a bunch of black SUV's stopped just behind the cars we used to get here. Men wearing black tuxedos stepped out of the car and immediately dispersed. Lord Rion's men.

"I'll talk to Winston first, then I'll catch up," Leon said, walking away from his post. I shrugged and entered.

The smell of mildew was hard to ignore when I got inside. It was a small one-bedroom house with the kitchen and living room area sharing the same space. There were still tables and chairs but they were covered with years' worth of dust and molds, evidences of being empty for a long time. The only cupboard in the kitchen had its door hanging by a single screw and the cupboard itself had cobwebs inside.

"Does this remind you of home, Satin?" Gray suddenly asked out of nowhere.

I forgot about him. I haven't seen him since breakfast and I always tried my best to not think about him and the things that had happened between us. Especially from our last mission. I flipped him off before going to the only bedroom in the house. He just laughed behind me, of course. That's how much of a thick-skinned asshole he is.

I saw that Caleb had already prepared the spot where Allie's best friend will be suspended. Annabeth was seated on a rickety wooden chair while her cousin, Carrie, and their grandfather were seated on the bed.

"Satan is not going to be an easy demon to extricate. The demon energy that I possessed will not be enough. I will need more but the room is too small to accommodate too many people with different sources of energy," my partner started.

"I thought we were going to do this outside," Gray asked.

"Obviously not listening back at the mansion," Carrie commented, rolling her eyes. "This is us hoping that we could contain the powers within a small area."