Chapter 12: Satin

Note: Sorry for the long delay. My brain refused to work. Will proofread this some other time too like the rest of the previous chapters.

Raina is read as Rey-na.

Also, votes and comments on every chapter are much appreciated! They motivate me to keep or improve the story. Thank you. *salute*

                                             xXxXxXxXxXxXx

The following day, Caleb and I were having our morning coffee in front of the television. Every channel on TV got a reporter at Forest Lake High to cover the mysterious events that could have caused the destruction of the indoor pool hall and the water flooding the outside area. There were no signs of strange activities, they say. I laughed sarcastically at that. "You have no idea how stranger things are going to be from now on. That's just an appetizer, the opening salvo."

"And we got six more demons to hunt." Caleb said, his face not showing any expression at all.

I sighed again. "What's the plan now?"

"We have to find the next demon."

"Any idea where we could start looking?"

For a moment, I thought he didn't hear me. His eyes were trained towards the TV but his furrowed brows told a different story. He's having a moment with his demons. Yes, demons. Caleb has more than one demon in him. In fact, he got a 3-in-1 package deal of some sort. The Fates. I didn't even know that they were demons until Caleb told me. Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos. Three women who control the thread of life and ensure that the fate of a human being is lived out the way it was meant to be. But more than that, they gave him the power of strong insight and mind reading. Thus explains his abilities to know what people are thinking and to feel the presence of demons.

"Carnival." He still looked like he was in a daze.

"Excuse me? Hey, Caleb." I snapped my fingers in front of him to get his attention. He jerked a little and faced me.

"The next demon is in a carnival." His forehead creased as if he was trying to remember something. "Rollercoaster Ride To Hell. There's just one with that kind of ride. The carnival just on the outskirt of the city."

"Our luck must have run out. A public place? Caleb, I can't assure you people's safety. Some will get hurt. Or worse, someone might die if we can't contain this demon." I actually have no problem killing but I know he doesn't like it when innocent people get hurt.

"Swift in the air." He continued to say as if he didn't hear what I just said.

"An air demon?" And I can only think of one. "Beelzebub. The Lord of the Demon Flies. Shit."

"Wow. You actually know him."

I threw a pillow at him. That was insulting! "I may not be as smart as you, oh lord of mind reading. But I know some things too. And this particular demon was worshipped by many Philistines."

"Do you have something against this particular demon? You sound... annoyed..." Caleb said, an eyebrow raised.

"He is an air demon. He can control the wind around him and create monstrous hurricanes that can destroy a country if he wants to. He's an archer, the swiftest of all. He's got speed that puts mine on the level of a damn snail. But I am more worried about the other thing that he's known for."

"He is a manipulator." Caleb supplemented.

I nodded with a grim expression on my face. "He can play with anybody's mind and make them do whatever he wants. He can turn friends to enemies. He'll fuck up your mind and make you forget what you're doing. Tch... this is probably ten times more difficult than Leviathan."