Chapter 44: Satin

Note: Sorry for the long wait again. When writer's block attack... >_>

Anyway, it's here now! Happy reading! Ignore typos again but if they're too much of a distraction and they make you dizzy while reading, then please let me know! Thank you! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

                                            xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

It's been three days since Carrie's demise. No one has spoken much about it, nor did anyone try to comfort the people who were closest to her. But then again, none of those closest to her showed strong emotions on their faces since then. Not even the creepy girl, Annabeth. Almost everyone was back to the way they were before except for some moments of silence that I don't think even they were aware of doing.

I don't know how these people could deal with that kind of lost. When I woke up the day after we buried Carrie, I felt the lost even when I was never close to her. I hated her and her twin for their condescending nature, but I guess the warrior in me realized that she was a valuable comrade. Now, she's gone. I don't know yet where we'll go from here and I'm also wondering how the seer demon is settling on the twin sister's body. No visions from her side yet. None from Caleb either. What's going to happen next? For the first time in my almost 200 years of existence, I feel uncertain of what will happen and how I will be able to deal with it. Too many unpredictable events, more than I signed up for.

"Lucifer, Asmodeus, and Belphegor. The last three demon princes that we need to find. We have no idea who will be next to wake up until any vision from either Caleb or Cassie."

The voice of Lord Rion echoed louder in the library that seemed to have felt more hollow than it was before. Everyone who survived the last battle was there and Carrie's absence was so pronounced with only her twin, Cassie, sitting on the chaise lounge at their usual corner at the library. Raina joined the meeting but only for a short time because she had to run back to the laboratory to finish some paperworks. She shared with us her findings about the last three demon princes based on studies done by scholars for hundreds of years. Among all the demon princes, not just the last three... according to her research, Lucifer is considered to be the most dangerous.

"The famous fallen angel of God. How dangerous are we talking about here?" Gray asked.

"According to many published books on demonology, he is even more dangerous than all the other six princes combined, and we've seen only a bit of what each prince can do so far. through Allie. A royal scholar from Norway in the 1800's wrote that Lucifer has powers that could destroy our world with just a snap of his fingers. There was another scholar from Italy who said that his powers alone can destroy the gates of heaven," she answered while scuffling through her papers.

"So the gist of what you've discovered so far is that he's going to be our best friend," Kaiser said, sighing.

Raina gleamed as if the idea is something to be happy about. "That's part of what I've been researching on. How much of the information is factual? So the magnitude of the danger he poses is still uncertain. I mean, most of the claims of these people were based on somebody else's claims before them and the original source may not have been credible in the first place. Meaning, no one from those who have published their works on the princes has actually seen the full force of Lucifer's powers. Talk about credibility and validity," Raina explained punctuating her statement with a scoff. "For all we know, they might have exaggerated to make the stories more grandiose. You know, for personal gain in terms of popularity and value during those times. The more absurd your supposed findings were, the more you became a mainstay of everybody's everyday conversations. But then again, I'm almost certain that no human being was ever recorded to have witnessed first hand the full force of the powers of the demon princes and lived to tell about it---"