Chapter 21

I ran home. Faster than I've run before. I just wanted to get away and be in the safety of my own home. But I had something else in mind.

I ran inside and slammed the door behind me. I dumped my bag down on the counter and headed upstairs. I reached the bathroom and walked inside. I locked the door behind me.

I sat on the edge of the bathtub and Cried. The reason I moved to LA was to change my life. This is just exactly how it started.

So I grab my razor from the inside of the cabinet. I pop out the blade and run my finger over it. I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I can't stop.

So I slide it across my wrist, drawing blood. And again. And again. There's 4 new cuts. I feel bad, because I said I wouldn't. And I shouldn't. But I had to.

I just sit there. Staring down at my wrist. Why did I do it?

I've been sat here for hours. I have a feeling it's around 5pm, because the door just opened. I'm guessing that it's Cole. Kian must have left while I was at College. He hasn't text me though.

"Cassidy?" I hear Cole shout.

"Yeah" I shout back.

I'm guessing he was just checking I was home. I make sure that the bandage isn't visible by covering it with my sweater. I check my face in the mirror. I have tear stains and smudged mascara.

I take my makeup off and leave it that way. I put my hair into a messy bun. I walk into my room and change from jeans into sweatpants, but I still leave my sweater on.

I walk down the stairs and head to the kitchen, where Cole is grabbing a can of Coke from the fridge.

"Can I have one?" I ask.

"Yeah sure" he says and passes me a can.

"How about pizza and a film tonight?" I ask.

"Sounds good" he says and smiles at me.

We choose to watch insidious 1 and 2. We buy the films on Netflix and order a medium meat feast pizza to share. Even though I won't be having much.

Before I know it, it's 9pm. Kian hasn't text me all day. I wonder what's up with him?

We both decide to go to bed, so we head upstairs and go our separate ways. Once I'm in my room, I pull off my sweater and check the bandage.

I change my tank top to a loose white tee and pull a hoodie on over it. I crawl under my covers and scroll through twitter. I decide to text kian and see what's up.

To: Kiki

Babe, what's up?

A few minutes later I get a reply.

From: Kiki.

Nothing babe, why?

To:kiki.

You haven't text me all day, I was just wondering.

From:kiki.

Sorry about that baby.

To:Kiki

I'm gonna sleep. Night babe, love you x

From:kiki

Night, love you too. X

I curl up in the covers and go to sleep.

There's someone in my room. I hear footsteps coming closer to me. I try not to move. I hear a loud click and I open my eyes, there's a tall man, dressed all in black. And he's pointing a gun straight at me.

I scream as loud as I can, only to be woken up breathing heavily. Cole is sat on the end of my bed, holding me close. I calm down as he soothes me.

"What is it Cass?" He soothes.

"Bad dream" I say.

"Get some sleep Cass. It's like 2am" he pulls the duvet over me and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

But as I expected, I can't sleep. I get out of bed and pull on my black vans. I pull my black hoodie over my head and straighten out my sweatpants.

I grab my phone and some money and head downstairs. I open the door and walk outside into the night. I decide to go for a walk. It's not the safest thing to do but I probably need some air.

I head towards the late night cafe down the street that's open all night. I open the door and it rings lightly, alerting the worker I'm here. I order a strawberry milkshake, because I can.

I pay for it and take a seat in the corner of the shop. I drink my drink as I scroll through twitter. I decide to tweet a pic of my milkshake.

@CassidyRiversx

Sat in Ally's diner at 2.30am. Drinkin' dat strawberry milkshake.

(Image)

I drink my milkshake and decide to sit around. I near the door jingle again but I pay no attention to it. I just carry on looking through twitter and Instagram.

I am distracted when a pair of lips meet mine. I pull away.

"What the- Kian?" I ask.

"Hey babe," he greets, taking the seat opposite me.

"What are you doing here? It's like half 2?" I ask.

"Couldn't sleep." He answered

"Me neither." I reply.

"I'm gonna go get a drink, do you want another?" He asks.

"I'll have a coffee please" I tell him and he heads to the counter.

A few moments later he comes back with a coffee and an Arizona tea. Typical.

I drink my coffee and catch up with kian, Luckily, he didn't see my bandage.

Just being here with kian, even if it is 3am, made me feel a whole lot better.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

A/n ok, it's like 10 pm and I should be sleeping because I'm tired and I have a math exam tomorrow. But oh well, 2 chapters today, go me:)

Thanks for reading, love you guys :)