Chapter 8

A/N sorry I haven't updated. My dog just passed away and I'm having a hard time. If this chapters crap I'm sorry but I'm really stressed and I'm trying so hard to keep updating.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

*1 year later*

Mom is recovering. She still drinks but after I confronted her about it, she changed. . She spends time with me and Colton and that makes Colton happier. Cole is spending more time with me too. He knew that he hurt me when he blew that morning. He changed since then. His appearance is still the same bit he changed his personality. He hangs round with the nicer kids now and he hardly ever gets in trouble. But I can tell he's still not happy.

As for me, well, things are still the same. I did make a new friend, her name is Talia. She was new to our school and we became friends quickly. I'm still depressed and I don't text kian anymore. We lost all contact. I would text him good morning and goodnight but he never replied.

Oh and one more thing. I tried to take my life again. I couldn't even text Kian goodbye because he never answered. I wonder if he even cared?

*****FlashBack*****

Come on Cassidy. You need to do this. You would make everybody happier if you just died.

I ran to the bathroom and began pulling out bottles and little boxes of pills. None of these are even strong. The only ones I knew would do the job were paracetamol.

I began to unfasten the safety latch on the small white bottle.

How many should I try?

6...8....12...A whole box. 40 pills.

That should do it....

And I tried. I took a glass of water and headed back into the bathroom. I took a few pills out of my hand and swallowed them, gulping water as I did.

Then a few more..and a few more. I was about half way.

Then Cole burst through the door.

He took one look at me, then the pills before racing over to me,

"CASS. NO. MOM!!!" He yelled as tears took over him.

I didn't move, I just sat there staring at the baby blue walls of my bathroom.

That was it. I blacked out

*****end of flashback****

Unfortunately. It failed. Cole came in at the wrong time and an ambulance came and rushed me to the hospital.

Kian never found out. I never told him. He wouldn't care, he won't even reply to my texts.

The night I tried to take my life, mom went out. She didn't come back for 8 days. Cole had to stay in hospital with me baca use he couldn't live alone.

Since then, she hasn't spoke to me. She only has short conversations with Cole. I blame myself for that.

And one day. I had had enough.

Cole woke up around 11am as it was Saturday. I had stayed up all night going over my plan in my head. Was this the right decision?

When Cole got up, he came downstairs for breakfast.

"Cole. We need to talk"

"Oh. What about?"

"Where do I start? Okay. I've been thinking. Neither of us are happy here, are we? So... I was thinking...maybe..you would like to move away from here, and come and live in Los Angeles in California, just me and you.. Get away from all this?" I asked him. I sat nervously awaiting his answer.

"Wow. I was not expecting that when I woke up this morning..." He laughs.

"Sooo..." I say.

"Um. What about mom?"

"She will be fine on her own, she won't have to worry about us."

"Where will we live?"

"Well, I was thinking, we could get an apartment until I can find us a house. I've been saving money for a long time now, I've got enough for us to live on. You don't have to come Cole, I'll go by myself if you really want to stay?"

"No, no. I'll come." He says and smiles weakly.

"I'll book the flights and shippings for 2 weeks then? You'll have time to pack and say goodbye."

"Okay. Have you told mom?"

"No. I'll do that now" I tell him before heading upstairs.

This is going the be a lot tougher than I thought. What if she won't let us go? She has to. I'm 18. Doesn't she?

I headed to our moms bedroom.

*knock knock*

"Mom?" I call.

"Cassidy. Come in dear."

I open the door and walk in, she's wearing a night gown and her blonde hair tied in a messy bun. I go and sit on the bed next to her.

"Mom. I need to ask you something. But you must promise not to get mad?"

"Your not pregnant are you?"

"No" I said laughing lightly.

"Go on then." She asks. Sounding slightly impatient.

"I've been thinking. I want to move out,"

"Oh. If that's what you really want. I'll still have Colton." She said.

"That's the thing mom, I want to move to Los Angeles..with Cole."

I said. I knew this was a bad idea.

"You..you want to take Colton too?" She asks her voice cracking.

"Yeah. We want to start over. Somewhere new. New people. New places."

"Oh honey...I don't know. You might not manage with Colton, you know what happened before with..suicide."

"Mom, if we move, we will both be happy, so I will feel better."

"I'm gonna miss you guys..promise you'll call, and I can come visit?"

Wait. Hold up. Was that a yes? WERE MOVING TO LOS ANGELES!

"Is that a yes? Of course you can! Thank you mom, I love you." I say hugging her.

"When do you leave?" She asks.

"2weeks. We better go pack." I say before running out of the room.

"COLE. WERE MOVING TO LOS ANGELES. GET PACKING BRO." I shout , unsure of where he is.

I, Cassidy May Rivers, age 18, am moving to CALIFORNIA with my 12 year old brother. Colton James Rivers. Right now I could not be happier. I was ready for a new start. I couldn't wait to start over with Cole.

Life was looking up. 2 weeks and we would be starting a new life together. Brother and Sister.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

A/n There you go. Long chapter. I'm not sure if it's legal to move out at 18 and have a 12 year old living with you. Anyway, it is in my story haha. So Cole is 12. I keep changing his age I'm sorry.

Hope you like it. Kian's pov coming up.

Love you guys.