Part 6

Tessa's POV.

It's been two months now and I still haven't been accepted into NYU but Ken told me to ride it out and not apply for anymore colleges, it'll look to messy.
I've been working pretty much everyday with Sophia, well Nora. I prefer her real name Sophia but she likes Nora better I have no idea why. But I just go with it. Zed and I have been Talking/FaceTiming every night for the last 2 months, but he's asked if he could come to New York to visit before he goes to see his family in Florida, I told him he could stay here at the apartment but he insisted on getting a hotel room. He landed 20 minutes ago, I told him I'd meet him at his hotel so he can drop off his bag and then we'll go to dinner. We discussed a little bit about us and I told him I'm not ready for anything even though i have feelings for him but I still love Hardin. I'll always love Hardin. He understood and told me first loves die hard, so he gets it.

"Tess, are you still here?" Landon calls down the hallway.

"Yes but I'm leaving in 10 minutes." I call back while I'm walking out of the bathroom.

"Okay, I was just checking, I'm heading into work now, I said I'd cover for posey."

"Okay I'll be out for dinner with Zed" i say

"Be safe okay, call me if you need me to Uber rescue you" he laughs

"I will" I giggle back.

Once I arrive at Zeds hotel I text him I'm here he tells me he'll be right down. 2 minutes later.

"Hey!" He calls from the other side of the entrance I smile and stand up rushing into his arms, he squeezes me so tight and kisses my head.

"Hi, how was your flight?" I give him a shy smile.

"Long" he sighs with a smile. "Ready to eat?" He asks

"Yes! I'm starving" I grin at him and he wraps his arm around my neck and we walk down the street side by side chatting about what kind of food we feel like, we spot a little deli and decide on sandwiches. I love how simple Zed is. I'm a simple girl who hates expensive food especially if I have to dress up for it.

I tell him how tomorrow I plan on taking him around New York and doing all the cliché things tourists do, we are definitely having a hot dog and pretzel from the carts at the side of the foot path. I'm gonna take him to see the Empire State Building he laughs a real deep laugh, I continue to tell him what I have planned, I tell him I started planning the moment he told me he booked his ticket, all while he's staring at me smiling.

"Why are you looking at me amused?" I ask

"No I'm not amused, I'm admiring you. This is the Tessa I love. Tessa the girl with a plan the girl who organises everything" his smirks

"Ha ha, mock me all you want but this will be the best weekend of your life!" I say laughing

"Already is one of the best weekends of my life." He says quietly shy

"Alright since it's only 5:30pm now want to go check out Central Park?" He nods finishing his sandwich

We jump in a taxi and head over.

Once we get off, we walk for a bit with his arm around my neck again, I must admit this is the most happiest I've felt in the last 2 months.

We spend our time walking around occasionally stopping to take photos. I begin to telling him about my job and telling him about the waiter I work with now and how I met him at the Scotts cabin he bursts into laughter saying it's such a small world.
We laugh in sync, gosh I love Zed. Not the way I love Hardin of course, mine and Hardin's love is one of a kind. The love that only comes once in a life time but the way I love Zed is completely different. Its safe it's not insecure, it's not controlling, it's not jealous. It's just safe. If I was to tell Hardin about the Robert he would most likely make me quit.