Part 38

"Tell her I'm not leaving until we talk about this, she's my wife and we can fix this" I hear Zeds voice booming downstairs. As I sneakily make my way down the hall way and sit on the top step out of sight.

"Zed, Tessa has told me she doesn't want to talk with you right now." Landon calmly responds "I don't know what is going on between you two or what you've fought about but I'll talk to her but right now you need to leave because she doesn't want to see you at the moment" Landon closes the front door in his face.

He turns and walks towards the stairs and looks up to see me sitting on the top step looking at him. He gives me a small smile "want to go for a walk and talk?"

I nod my head yes. I'm nervous to tell him but I need to tell someone.

We had stopped and got ourselves coffee before we started our walk around town, I love feeling so small in a city so big, so crowded it sure used to scare the daylights out of me but now I love it.

After a few minutes of silence I start to begin telling Landon what has happened between Zed and I

"Tell me you're lying" Landon gasps

"I wish I was" I say with tears in my eyes while walking arm in arm with my bestfriend.

"I'm so sorry Tess, you don't deserve any of this" he pulls me closer and kisses the top of my head

"I don't know Landon, I feel like I do deserve this. I hurt Noah all those years ago, I kept Hardin in the dark I most definitely deserve everything bad that has happened to me" I sob while he turns and pulls me into a massive hug

"Look, you're not a bad person Tessa you did what you thought was right yeah you cheated on Noah but he forgave you, you need to forgive yourself" he says into my hair "anyway I feel like this is destiny" I look up at his face surprised "destiny?" I ask

"Yeah destiny, you were never supposed to be with Zed he was never the one for you. You and Hardin are meant to be Tessa, even if you don't see it right now you two are endgame. I've watched and seen the way you look at Zed for all these years, it's not the way you look at Hardin there is no spark you're just comfortable you know, you're familiar with Zed so it's like you settled for him. It's fate Tessa, you and Zed weren't ever meant to be."

"I don't know Landon, I just don't know" I say pulling away from our embrace and drinking my last bit of coffee in my cup.