Part 21.

Tessa's POV.

Our flight to Washington was a breeze, I just listening to music the entire time. Two weeks ago when I decided I'd come back to Washington with Landon I didn't think I would be this nervous to be here, I just wanted to make Landon and Karen happy but now I'm here I'm terrified. I legitimately vomited this morning my tummy has been in knots lately I think it's just my anxiety of being here and being so close to him.

Zed wanted to pick me up from the airport so he said he'd drop Landon off. "Thanks for the ride Zed, I appreciate it. Tessa I'll text you when the coast is clear to come over" He touches my shoulder from the back seat jumping out of the car.

Zed brings his hand to rest my thigh. "Hey babe, you hungry?"

"I'm ok, just really tired I feel so drained" I say looking out the window

"What's wrong? Tess, don't worry, you won't have to see anyone while you're here we will just stay in at my place" he rubs he's hand up and down my leg. "I've missed you" he leans over to kiss me. "I did grocery shopping before you got here anyway so we could just stay in" I wrap my arms around him, I'm so glad he knows me I was dreading seeing anyone. I only want to see Ken and Karen. I'm going to make a trip to see my mother while I'm here also.

Me and Zed decide we'll cook dinner tonight, he told me his favourite food is Mexican so we decide to make chicken quesadillas.

We snuggled on the couch and watched movies all night. When I woke I realised I must of fallen asleep on the couch because I have no idea how I ended up in Zeds bed. He must of carried me and tucked me in last night. Grabbing my phone I see Landon sent me two messages.

'Morning, text me when you wake. I will pick you up for coffee, I need to talk to you.'

'Hardin's not here, so don't worry'

I quickly text back, I'll be ready in thirty minutes.

Zeds still sleeping when I run to have a shower. Once I am dried and dressed, I quickly twist my hair into a high bun and grab my purse. Zed slept through my noise so i decide ill text him later so I don't wake him.

Landon pulls up exactly 30 minutes later, my Best Friend is so punctual. I love it

We order our coffee and take a seat at Starbucks. Landon jumps straight to the point and grabs out an envelope. "Tessa, please reconsider coming to Hardin's graduation. I know you don't want to but please, Tessa I know it will mean so much to him and you if you were there to support him" he says "I will drop it now but please take the invitation and decide on your own." He picks up his coffee cup to take a drink.

"Okay, I'll think about it" i put the envelope in my purse.

"Want to come over to see my mom? Ken said Hardin's gone to Seattle for a few interviews today, he'll be gone for the night."

"Yes, I really want to see her baby bump" I squeal.

Pulling into their driveway I'm relieved that Hardin's car isn't here but I totally forgot my car was still here so luckily I'll take it to visit my mother.

It feels so good to catch up with Karen, she shows me what she's done with the green house since I've been gone. I feeling dizzy but I don't want to say anything, she's a mama bear she will tell me to rest and and try look after me and I don't want to be dramatic, she has enough to worry about.

When I look out the kitchen window I see it's dark outside now, time surely flew passed so I decide I better get back to Zeds. I check my phone and I have 5 missed calls from him.

I quickly text him I'm on my way back now.
Jumping in my car I head back, jeez driving after months feels so weird.