32

Victoria

'Wear something formal', Rio ordered.

Upstairs in my bedroom, I plunge around for any decent dress - with mere luck. I've been searching for almost fifteen minutes, in the hunt of something for our...date night. But beforehand, and before we settle once the sun goes down, I know that I'll be taught the money laundering ordeal of the business. Am I afraid of encountering more crime during this week? No.

In fact, I've never been more ready. I've never been more ready to at least learn it all from him. And when he informed me of our, or his, intentions for us today, I felt rather eased; not a sliver of hesitation was in the mix of my mild understanding.

"Darlin', I'm waiting!" I hear the gangster's husky voice shout from downstairs, pulling me from my train of thought. I rush to the bedroom door, that's slightly cracked open, and I swing it open for the gangster to hear me.

"I'm almost ready!" I exclaim, slightly falsely. I glimpse down at what my body currently vestures: the gray comfortable sweat pants clinging onto my legs just below the rem of Rio's long sleeve button down shirt I never took off earlier. My brows raise, when I huff out a breath. "One sec!" I add loudly, before shutting the bedroom door.

I quickly jog back to my bed, where the few dresses I laid across the silky bedsheets are plastered. As I slowly pass them by in careful observation, my finger trails along each fabric deliberately. Curling my lip in concentration, I spin on my heel and face the closet I haven't checked just yet.

Walking up to it, I slide one of the double doors open. And the first elegant, familiar dress that comes to my sight, instantly brings a tug at my pink lips.

Perfect.

--

My black heels clicking upon the house stairs are the only sound to hang in the air, before I reach the last few steps, and spot Rio.

He's in...A SUIT. The fine collars of his black tuxedo canvases just below his tattooed neck, as the black tie rests down the bright white button down undershirt he portrays. He seems to examine my frame just when I do his own, because his full lips curve in awe - his chocolate brown irises lightening at the sight of me in the tight black dress he bought me.

My smile can't fade.

"Wow..." He starts lowly, still sending my body a perceptive glance, as I take the last step to land inches away from him on the wooden floor of the foyer.

"What's the purpose of getting a dress that you're only gonna wear once, right?" I point, watching him. Rio's genuine smile seems to widen.

"You look..." A soft giggle escapes my lips before he continues, and the gangster chuckles himself, shaking his head when he licks his luscious lips slowly, "immensely beautiful." he finishes soothingly.

I feel my cheeks flush profusely, and I bite my lip - soon failing at suppressing the grateful smile I attempted to hide. "Thank you, love." I say softly. I perch my brows, sending his taller figure another once over. "You look...handsome...fine...sexy." I compliment while leaning into him, deliberately pressing my lips against his before he can speak.

I feel his warm hands trail around my waist to my back, pulling my body closer to his. I flick my gaze down to his soft, plump lips while my heart beats wildly - seeing his lips curve to reveal his perfect teeth again. His smile is unfeigned, his fresh and clean scent alluring.