137

"We have to wait how long before we can use the meta-human cure?" Barry questions from next to me.

"Not even that long." Cisco stalls from telling us.

"Cisco." I clear my throat, staring at him.

"It's gonna go by-" Cisco snaps his fingers, "-like that."

"Cisco." I repeat, folding my hands together.

Cisco purses his lips, "29 days."

Sherloque chokes on his tea, the number catching us all off guard.

"29 days?" I repeated his words.

"A month?" Nora questions.

"I know, right?" Cisco chuckles nervously, "Just one, teeny, tiny, month until we stop Cicada's purge. You know, historically speaking, this is way faster than we've ever stopped a big bad so-"

"We can't wait that long, Cisco." I cut him off, "If he finds another meta or comes after us-"

Barry nods, "Zee's right, we have to speed this up somehow."

"We have to wait for the compound to fully synthesize or it won't be able to effectively neutralize the dark matter in a meta-human's pituitary gland." Caitlin explained, "Without any way to expedite the exotic evolution-"

"Guys, we're gonna have to wait." Cisco cuts in.

Caitlin agreed, "I think we have to wait."

Sherloque sipped his tea, "Unless you took it into the Speed Force."

"Huh?" I looked at him, "You want him to go into the Speed Force for a month and then, what, come out the same day that he left?"

"Oh, no, no, I'm not saying you manipulate time." Sherloque looks at me, "I'm saying you manipulate dark matter."

"So very simple." Sherloque presents, "It's simple chemistry, right? When you are synthesizing a compound, you use a commodity, uh, substrate, uh-"

Caitlin suggests, "A catalyst?"

"Catalyst, right." Sherloque points at her, "And the most efficient catalyst you can use when synthesizing a compound that negates dark matter is superluminal particles."

"Tachyons?" Nora spoke up.

Sherloque nods, "Tachyons, and the place where tachyons are the most dense?"

Barry exhales, "Speed Force."

"And voila." Sherloque nods.

"That might actually work." Caitlin looks at us.

"Yeah, it will." Cisco nods, "It'll be like nuking it in a pan-dimensional microwave.

I looked at Caitlin, "How much time would this save?"

Caitlin types, then looks at her screen, "From 29 days down to 60 minutes."

"An hour-" I looked up, "That's better than waiting 29 days."

"Yeah, it's gonna be faster." Cisco nods, pursing his lips.

"And also since Cicada has been quiet since your last encounter, maybe there's no time like the present." Sherloque adds in.

Barry looks at me for approval, inhaling deeply.

I nod, "Go for it."

"All right. I'll see you in an hour." Barry nods, pecking my lips, whooshing, changing into his suit and running down to the pipeline with the cure.