136

"Well, what do you think?" Barry asks Iris, Iris seated at her desk, her attention glued to her laptop screen.

"Looks great." Iris mutters, not paying much attention.

"And what about this table?" I place the small coffee table down, "Good?"

"Uh huh-" Iris mutters again, his eyes not moving from her screen.

I shrug, sitting on the couch, Barry's palms presses against the arm of it.

"I mean, I can move the couch against the wall, if that'll help." Barry suggests and uses his speed to move the couch.

"Oh- geez-" I held onto the cushion, the movement being way too fast for me to process.

"Sorry, babe-" Barry leans over, pecking my lips before looking at Iris, noticing how she didn't take notice of him moving the couch, "Iris, it's just- couch in the corner or against the wall is pretty much the extent of my interior design knowledge."

"I'm sorry, guys-" Iris sighs, looking up at us, "It's- it's just, it's been a week since I launched the Central City Citizen, and I am still struggling to gain readers, and I think I just figured out why."

Iris turns her laptop to face us, Barry and I heading over, looking at the screen, Barry beginning to read, "Iris West's first published articles as an aspiring online news maven bring one word to mind: boring."

I continued, "Her stories lack the edgy content made popular by sites such as Spencer Young's game changing Spyn Zone."

"In short, Iris West plays it safe." Barry finishes, sighing, "Iris, come on. You can't listen to this."

I side with Barry, "Barry's right. You're a real journalist- you don't want to write like Spencer Young. She didn't care about the facts."

"Yeah, but at least she wrote about things that people cared about, like I did when I was writing about Devoe." Iris reasons, sighing.

Barry pieces it together out loud as I did in my mind, "You wanna write about Cicada."

Iris goes silent, looking between the two of us.

I look at Barry, the look on his face showing that he was going to easily give in to our best friend as I was.

I look at Iris, "Stay safe, okay?"

"Yes-" Iris jumps out of her seat, placing her laptop into her bag.

"Call us if you need us." Barry points at her.

"Yes, of course-" Iris grabs her necessities, "I've got a lot of digging to do, and I think I have a hunch where to start."

I call out behind her after she said her goodbyes, rushing out, ""We'll be at a Star Labs-"

-

"So- you really think this might be it?" Ralph questions, as we surrounded the box that sat in the center, white fog falling out of it due to the temperature of it, Caitlin holding up what was the cure, black gloves on her hands.

"Cisco sent me this sample to corroborate his findings, and it all checks out." Caitlin nods, placing it back in, "I'm sending it back to him for final processing, but I think we may have found a way- to suppress the meta genome."

"Great." Barry crosses his arms, "Then we can use it to de-power Cicada, stop him for good."

I spoke up, "So what's the plan? Put this thing in a tranq gun and go all "American Sniper" on him?"

"It's not that simple." Caitlin points at me.

"As much as I wish it was-" I exhale deeply, "Hit me."