11

Everyone was still in the Christmas spirit, even if it was the last day of December. There were still Christmas trees up, Christmas drinks still in store, and the snow was still falling. It was about five in the afternoon, I was walking to the West household, considering there was yet, another get together between all family and friends. I've been cleaning and doing homework all morning at home, and these parties, have done good. They made me happy. They made me forget everything that had to do with star labs.

Plus, I've gotten so much closer to Barry because of these parties lately, and my entire plan was to get over him. had failed. But I was still trying.

I was wearing yet another sweater, this one being a baby blue, with some black joggers. I was told to dress comfortable, so that's exactly what I did. I tug at my winter coat, pulling my beanie down so it covers my ears that are freezing cold. I regretted the fact that I made Cisco somehow put a pause on my powers until I wasn't afraid of them anymore. That wasn't going to be any time so, I knew. One of the perks I missed, is being warm all the time. But I still knew I did the right thing.

I step onto the porch of the West household, knocking lightly then let myself in cause it was unlock, closing the door right as I got in, I say hello to everyone as I hang up my coat, hearing a few returns.

Cisco is the first to say something to me besides a greeting, "Leave it to Zee, to wear sweatpants to a New Years party." He chuckles lightly, sipping his drink, earning a small laugh from a few.

I tug at my beanie, fixing it, laughing lightly.

"Hey, I was the one who told her to dress comfortable." Barry spoke, a small smile playing on his lips.

Iris shot us all a look, a grin on her lips, "And you knew she was gonna wear sweatpants."

Barry shrugged lightly, as I put my hands up in surrender. "Do you want a drink, Ms. Young?" I look at where the voice that had called me by my last name came from, and my eyes landed on Dr Wells. I'm quick to reply, "I could use one- yeah." I say, walking over to him and grab the drink he offered me, thanking him quietly.

I quietly hum to the music in the background, standing by Dr Wells as everyone made their own conversations as hours past. A voice snaps me out of my gaze and it is again, Dr Wells. "Enjoying the party?"

I turn my head and look down at him, not having touched my drink yet, that I was tightly holding with both hands. "Yeah- it's peaceful." I reply quietly.

"Actually- I've been wanting to speak to you, Ms. Young. Considering- with all the time you've spent at star labs, you've made very good friendships with both Cisco and Caitlin, but we haven't really seemed to talk about anything." He speaks, setting his drink down, pushing his glasses to the bridge of his nose. I stay quiet for a second then reply with a small nod.

"How do you know, Mr. Allen?" He asks, eyeing me suspiciously. I clear my throat, "Oh- we've been friends for a while."

"Care to elaborate?"

I hesitantly speak, "Yeah- of course. Well- we've been friends since we were little kids. He lived with Iris- because of- the tragedy that did occur in his house. We all went to the same school for years- and I was really close friends with Iris when we were just little elementary schoolers." Harrison nods, waiting for me to continue. "I'd be here- everyday after school. And from being friends with Iris- I got to know Barry. and then it was the three of us. Of course- I'll never be as close to Barry as he is to Iris- but we're still really close."

"That's great and all, but didn't you, freak out after you heard the stories about his family?" He asks me, now slowly sipping his drink as I give him another hesitant look, now feeling uncomfortable with what types of questions he was asking.