92

"2024." Barry's voice breaks into my thoughts as we sat there that night, but I felt myself tune him out lightly, "According to the future article in the Time Vault, I'm still in Central City. There's no mention of Savitar. I probably trapped him in the Speed Force by then. That's the time I need to travel to. 2024."

We decided not to go to bed, but instead work on what time he needed to travel to. Barry sat at the table, writing down things in a notebook, jotting down what he could and figured it out without my help, while I sat on the couch, looking through photo albums that we had kept. The beanie on my head slouched, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. I had changed into one of Barry's sweaters, keeping a pair of joggers on, Barry now in joggers and a hoodie.

I stared down at a picture, a small smile on my face. It was a photo Iris had taken of all of us in high school. Iris was holding the camera, her on the right side of the picture, while Barry and I were farther back, our entire bodies showing. Barry and I were in lab coats due to us coming from a chemistry experiment to meet her in the hall. We were making jokes about how we looked with the goggles on, and Iris had taken the picture. My back was hunched backward, and you could tell I was almost falling over. Barry has a arm on my forearm, keeping me from falling, as we were all laughing.

Many thoughts had filled my mind, which resulted in me not hearing or processing much of what Barry said to me, my eyes scanning through the photos, Barry turning towards me from his chair, "If I trapped him, I must've figured out who he was, right?"

Noticing I wasn't paying attention, he calls for me, "Zee?"

My head snaps up and towards him, my eyes slightly wide, "What?"

"What are you doing?" Barry asks, a soft smile on his face, walking over to me and sitting next to me, his eyes landing onto the photo album.

"I'm just, looking at these photos." I mumble, holding onto the photo album, "Thinking about the past and the future."

A small smile breaks onto Barry's lips once he points to a photo. The photo was of the two of us, my high school graduation day. That day, Barry had come home and visited from college to come, and I had pulled an all-nighter, and was completely drained the next morning. During the car ride there, I had fell asleep on Barry's arm; he had laid his head on mine. "I remember that moment so well. I thought your hair smelt so good."

I looked up at him, a barely there giggle leaving my lips, enjoying the reminiscing.

He points to another, this photo being a more recent one; we were stood in front of the bathroom mirror, my back pressed against his chest. We were both in sweats, his hood up, mine being just one of his crew necks, my hair down and a mess, his hair a slight mess even while almost being contained with the hood. One arm was wrapped around me, the other had his hand pressing his fingers against my cheeks, pushing them together, causing me to make a slight duck face. His eyes were crossed, and his tongue was out, his bright white teeth showing, while my eyes were focused on the camera, the photo being a mirror picture of us. I had held my phone in both hands, the ring I wore on my finger showing off. "This has got to be one of my favorite pictures of the two of us."

"It's my favorite." I smile down lightly at the picture, before looking up at him, slowly closing the photo album. "Barry,"

He looks up at me, ready to listen to whatever I had to say, "I don't really have any family- due to everything that happened but-"

"We're all your family, Zee." Barry says to me.

I sigh quietly, "I meant biologically."

"Biologically or not, Joe raised you." Barry told me.