25

Atom Smasher was defeated. Henry Allen was out of jail, due to Dr. Wells' confession. The team was back together, and we were all happy and finally at peace. Although there was some tension and awkwardness between Barry and I due to our kiss, we pushed past it, deciding not to talk about it just yet. I haven't spoken to Peter yet, but I'm sure he's either out drunk, or drunk on my couch.

I was stood in the cortex with everyone else at Star Labs, leaning against one of the desks, not paying attention to conversation, just caught up into my own thoughts.

I practically cheated on Peter with Barry, and I felt guilty, and confused. Why did Barry kiss me? And why was this another reason for me to drop Peter?

I finally tune into the conversation, as I heard Caitlin speak, "And, Star Labs is now safer than ever. Increased security and surveillance."

Cisco speaks, "Re-coded, double firewalled, electronic lock sets, nothing is getting through here without us knowing."

Iris laughs quietly, "So people can't just waltz in and out of here."

"Exactly."

A gasp comes from Caitlin, causing me to turn around, and everyone to look at the person that was coming into the cortex. "For real?" Cisco speaks in disbelief.

Joe pulls out his gun, aiming, "Stay where you are." Barry moves by me immediately, considering I was the closest to the hall, "Who are you?"

The person speaks, "You don't know me, but I know you, Barry Allen." He remains in the dark, causing a small piece of fear to rise in my chest.

"Take one more step, it'll be the last step you take." Joe threatens. "The man asked you a question. Who the hell are you?"

The man steps out of the dark and reveals his face, causing my heart to drop. "My name is Jay Garrick. And your world is in danger." He reveals his name. "Please just let me explain. I mean you no harm."

Barry spoke up, "How do you know my name?"

"I know all of your names." He looks at Caitlin, "Caitlin Snow." He looks at Cisco. "Cisco Ramon." He looks at me. "Zee Young." He looks at Joe. "Detective Joe West-"

"Enough." Joe cuts him off. "That part about explaining needs to happen right about now."

I start to move around the desk, to move towards this Jay Garrick, but Barry's hand caught my wrist quickly and pulled me back where I was standing. I stare at Jay, an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

Jay speaks, "This world is in danger."

"What other worlds are there?" Cisco chokes out.

"When you created the singularity above Central City, you also created a breach between my world and yours." Jay explains, his hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry- a breach?" Iris asks.

"Yes, a portal, connecting our two earths." Jay answers. Stein speaks up, "And what precisely is your concern?"

"A few days ago, you found a dead man named Al Rothstein at the nuclear plant. But then a different Al Rothstein tried to kill you." Jay explains, causing Cisco to speak in realization, "Atom Smasher."

"That man was from my world. If he got through the breach, I suspect they'll be more to follow." Jay glances between all of us.

Barry lets go of my wrist and puts his hands up, a small chuckle leaving his lips from what he is hearing, "Okay, so, Jay, how exactly do you know all of this?"

Jay was quick to answer, "Where I came from, I was a speedster like you. They called me The Flash."

I shook my head, not buying it.

"Before I arrived on your earth, I was in a fight with a man named Zoom-" I start to zone out as Jay continues to explain how he got here and the rest of the team bombarding him with questions.

I was too clouded in my thoughts to pay attention to anything they were saying. How the hell is his name Jay Garrick if he looks just like my brother? What if this was my brother, and was just trying to screw with us all? I wanted to say what he was telling us was impossible, but I stopped myself. We live in Central City. Nothing is impossible.

When Barry speaks around running some tests on Jay, I was snapped out of my thoughts, blurting out unintentionally, "Wait, you're going to see if we can trust this guy? He's- you're not buying this, are you?"

Barry looks at me, "I wasn't finished." He slowly looks away and then looks at Jay dead in the eye while leaning forward against the desk slightly, "See if you're telling us the truth. 'Cause if you're not, this Zoom, he's not going to be your only enemy."

How can he be so hot?

I glance at them, clearing my throat lightly before turning and quickly walking out the room, walking right past Jay, my arm hitting his forcefully by how quick I was to walk past him, causing him to stumble back slightly. He looks at me as I walk past. I run a hand through my hair, not even bothering to look back at him, walking down the hall, my footsteps echoing down the hall as I walked.

Footsteps echoed after me, but faster than mine, and then I knew Barry was coming after me. "Hey- hey." Barry caught up to me, grabbing onto my forearm, halting me, turning me gently so I was facing him. "Are you okay?"

"I don't trust him." I say bluntly, then look away. "Is that the only thing bothering you? Because I don't trust him either, Zee."

"Well what I'm getting from whatever he said was, there is a completely different earth. Two- worlds. With people who are us, but they're not us," I pause, looking behind Barry to make sure Jay wasn't listening and I see him with Caitlin, her running tests on him, my gaze looking up at Barry again, my voice quiet, "How is his name Jay Garrick if he looks so much like my brother?"

Barry's eyes furrow in confusion, "He does? As in- Hunter Zoloman?"

I nod slightly, staying quiet. "We'll figure this out, okay Zee? Don't stress it, right now."

I let out a breath, and nod again, "Fine."

"It was cute watching you try to shoulder past him though. You're too tiny." He jokes a little, a small laugh leaving his lips. I lightly shove him playfully, "Gosh, don't flirt with me too much, Allen."

"No promises, Young."

I shake him head, laughing quietly, before walking away from him, deciding to go back to my apartment.

I wanted to spend time with Barry more than I did with Peter.