26

I slowly walk into my apartment, my footsteps quiet against the wooden floor, closing my front door.

I was greeted by Peter, his eyes bloodshot red, holding a blunt in his one hand, a beer in the other. I let out a huff, looking away. "Did I disappoint?" Peter spats at me, taking a hit.

"You know- yeah. Yeah you did. I was hoping for a night, where you weren't drunk and high out of your mind. But I guess we don't always get what we want." I huff, setting my coat on the couch, slipping off my shoes, walking over to my window, shutting it close as it starts to sleet outside.

"You're one to talk. You're the one who's practically in love with Barry Allen." He takes one last swing from his beer, then stands up, smashing the glass bottle to the ground, rage fuming off him, the glass shattering quick and loudly.

I jump lightly at the sound, turning and looking at him, my voice growing quiet, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh please. I can see it. You don't love me. You don't need me. You want him." He raises his voice, slowly walking over to me, causing me to back away in fear.

"I'm sick of coming home to this, Peter. That has nothing to do with Barry." I let out, trying to keep my ground, but my voice cracked in fright.

Before I could process what was happening, his hand came in contact with my cheek, a loud sound coming from how hard his hand had collied with my cheek, my head snapping to the side.

Tears fill my vision, letting out a breath.

Not again.

I stumble back away from him, holding back a sob, refusing to let my tears to fall. "How could I be such an idiot to fall for a lying whore?" Peter spats at me in anger.

"Peter, stop it." My voice cracks, a small cry coming from my mouth, my hand slapping over my mouth.

Before I could say anything else, he had me against the couch and laid a few hits on my body. I let out a few cries, but he had me by my neck, causing the air to be knocked out of me. "Don't you ever lie to me."

I tried to reach for my meta bracelet, to knock it off and use my powers against him but his grip was too strong. The moment he loosened his grip from my neck, I kneeled him, shoving him off me, immediately running, and putting on my shoes. I was out of there before he could even get up.

I ran out into the cold, tears streaming down my face, coughing from not being able to breathe. I felt myself start running, as the cold wind whipped my hair, my feet carrying me to star labs.

I stumbled in, out of breath, being soaked. I slowly walk into the cortex, greeted by Caitlin and Jay, Caitlin still doing tests on Jay.

"Wow- Zee are you okay?" Jay asks.

"I'm fine." I snap at him, not wanting to speak to him, sniffling, tears still streaming down my face uncontrollably. "Zee?"

I froze at the sound of Barry's voice. Caitlin was looking at behind me with wide eyes.

I was too afraid to turn. But I did.

I slowly turn and face Barry, sniffling quietly, avoiding eye contact with him. Before I could say anything he was already cupping my face with one hand, tilting it to the side to get a better look of the huge handprint on my face.

"What the hell-" He says, his eyes wide, and laced with care and concern, "Who did this to you?"

I stay silent.

"Did you run here? You're soaking wet- Zee, say something." His fingers lightly trace across the print on my face. I slowly slip away from him, stepping back.

"I'm fine." I whisper, my voice cracking quietly.

He stares at me, "Are you going to tell me who the hell did this to you?"

I stay quiet.

He lets out a angered huff, and within seconds, I was changed into a star labs sweatshirt, and a pair of my leggings I had probably left here. My hands run through my wet hair, nodding a small thank you to Barry, before sitting down somewhere, playing with my hands, staring into space.

Peter could read right through me. He knew I was still in love with Barry no matter how hard I tried to forget it and shove it away. He knew I couldn't move on from it. So he made me pay for it.

This isn't the first time this has happened.

Peter was good to me when we first started dating. I don't know what, but something clicked on him, and he completely changed. I continued to deal with him, in hopes that he would change. He hadn't changed. He started to hurt me verbally. Then moved onto physically. And now we're here. Again.

Being away from Barry for six months made it easier for whatever Peter did to me hidden. But now that the group was back together, Barry wasn't going to leave me alone about it until I got fed up and told him.

I don't get why he cared so much. Not that I was complaining. I just don't want him to get too involved with Peter. Peter already hates him.

Even if Peter isn't a meta like Barry and I, we couldn't possibly expose ourselves to him.

But then something hit me, causing fear to erupt in my chest.

What the hell would Peter do to me once he found out Barry and I kissed?