75

"Barry-" I call his name out, even if he was only a few feet away from me in my kitchen, as I grab the huge tray of the batch of cookies Barry and I were making just for the hell of it, the trail being too hot for me to hold even through the oven-mittens.

He's quick to come behind me, and goes to grab the tray from me, as I gasp, causing me to stop him by setting the tray back in the oven, leaning back into his chest, "It's too hot- you'll burn yourself."

"No I won't, come on-" He grabs my hands over my over-mittens, helping me grab the tray, shut the oven and set it on the counter top.

I slip the mittens off, grabbing one of the three frostings we had bought from the store, spooning some out and holding for Barry to eat, "Taste."

He smiles lightly, before leaning over, eating the frosting off the spoon, as I question, "Is it good frosting?"

"All frostings, good frosting." He swallows, running a hand through his messy hair.

"Not when there's too much of it." I reasoned, pointing the spoon at him.

"Mmm." He nods, "You're right."

"I'm always right." I drop the spoon onto the counter over a napkin, my eyes falling onto the cookies we had made.

He wraps his arms around me from behind, playing a kiss on my head, "I don't know how you convinced me to stay in and make cookies with you for our date."

"I mean- you wanted to go to dinner but- I think that's just too pricey." I spin in his arms, facing him, placing my hands on his chest, "If you ever want to have dinner with me- we can stay home and make dinner. We don't need to go to such a pricey place- where you can blow all your money off."

He smiles, "You're right."

"I told you. I'm always right." I kiss his cheek.

"Not about the part where you said you can actually bake." Barry teases, a smile on his face.

"Okay- listen. I'm good at the mixing." I defended myself.

He gives me a look, as I continued, "Oh come on- don't tell me you aren't having fun watching me make a mess of mixing and trying to press it on the tray."

"I am- I really am." He laughs quietly, causing me to smile again.

We made eye contact once more, a genuine smile on both of our faces, as I noticed him lean in slightly, then press a kiss to my lips.

I kiss back almost right away, my heart almost leaping right out of my chest, this being the first time I've actually kiss him in a while, as my hands move and grabs onto his face, holding it.

His arms wrap around my waist tighter, pulling me close, as we started to make out in the middle of the messy kitchen. I was dressed in a pair of leggings and an oversized crewneck sweater that I didn't mind getting dirty, while Barry was dressed in a pair of jeans and a white t shirt, the white t shirt being the one under his button off he had taken off before we started.

My hands move to his hair, as his hands grabs onto my thighs, picking me up, turning and setting me on the counter opposite of where everything was set up, his hands resting on my waist under my sweater.

My eyes snap open, remembering something I had forgotten to tell him when we started baking cookies, as I pull away, "Barry-"

"What?" He murmurs, opening his eyes, looking at me.

"We made chocolate chips cookies. And we have frosting. How are we going to eat chocolate chip cookies with frosting? That simply doesn't go together." I told him, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear, before bringing my hands to his, running my fingers through it to fix it.