74

The date with Barry went well. Shortly after, once we arrived at ccpd, Joe had pulled me in, where he was being told by a young girl named Frankie, who seems in her teen years, what had happened.

I listened in on everything that was said, before Joe excuses us the minute we see Barry come down, as we make our way over to him, "Hey, Barr, what'd you find out?"

Barry stops, looking at me and Joe stood next to me, "Okay, get this. So, The outer layer of the lamppost is half an inch thick, but to bend even a quarter inch of steel requires 177 tons of tensile strength, so-"

Joe begins, "So we're looking for a meta with super strength?"

"Well, I'm not sure yet, but that's as much as I could find." Barry lightly rocks back and forth on his feet.

"What? Why?" Joe questioned.

"Because I showed up." Julian interrupted, joining the conversation.

"And I'm not surprised." I roll my eyes lightly, clapping my hands together once, trying to keep my attitude on a low as Barry looks at me, a small grin on his lips due to my reaction.

"Yes, the only problem with Barry's little theory is there were no fingerprints on the post." Julian explained, simply ignoring my comment.

"Again, Julian, not my theory, and the meta human could've been wearing gloves." Barry crosses his arms.

"Yes, perhaps." Julian starts, "But the curvature on the post suggests that equal amounts of pressure were applied to the whole thing at the same time. So unless our strong man has a wingspan of over 20 feet-"

"Something else caused it." Joe nodded.

"Yes." Julian nods, before looking over my shoulder, his eyes landing on Frankie, "Who's that, sir?"

"That's Frankie Kane. The victim's foster kid." Joe answers.

I follow up, "She's been in and out of times for years." My voice comes out quiet, feeling a strong wave of empathy due to going through the same thing before staying in one that was very crappy.

"Listen, she said she blacked out during the incident." Joe informed them.

"Blacked out?" Julian repeats.

I nod, "Mhm."

"Repressing memories is a coping mechanism for lots of foster kids." Barry says, shrugging lightly.

"Hm. Is it?" Julian kept his stare on Frankie.

"It is." Barry mocked his accent, his eyes wide when he mocks him, causing me to smile, and going to cover my mouth to try and hide it, but he caught me before I could, the grin that was once on his face returning, knowing he had made me smile.

"Could be something else." Julian moves past us, walking into the room Frankie's in, before we could protest.

Julian and Frankie trade a few words, before Julian grabs the glass and walks past us once more, his gaze on me, "Gonna need another glass, Detective."

"Follow him." Joe told Barry, Barry humming in response before he continues, "See what you can get."

"What are you two gonna do?" Barry questions.

"Zee- you can finish this up- and I need to go convince my son that he's not meant to be a superhero." Joe hands me the folded, before patting us both on the shoulder, walking away.

"See you later." Barry says, planting a kiss on my cheek, before following after Julian.

A smile crosses my lips as I slowly walk back into the room where Frankie stayed, continuing what Joe had started.