12

I let out a small gasp into the kiss, keeping my hands in the sleeves of my sweatshirt, and bring a hand to the back of his back, standing on my tippy toes, one hand on his chest. We stay there for a while, just letting it be a slow and gentle kiss.

Then soon he was slowly pushing me backwards into a light pole, not breaking the kiss or letting go of me.

Bad idea.

As soon as my back hit the cold pole, I gasped, pulling away from the kiss. I lightly push Barry forward and move away from the pole, "Cold- cold- cold-" I repeat, jumping lightly, letting out a breath, legitimately seeing it move away from my face right as it leaves my mouth, considering how cold it was.

I can tell Barry was trying to hold back a laugh, but he kept a calm face on, "Here-" he says, slipping off his jacket, putting it on me as the cold wind grew stronger.

"Maybe we should go back before you get sick instead of me-" I exclaimed, my heart basically leaping at the fact that this all just happened. Barry nods, as I turn to walk back, I step on something very cold and slippery. Ice.

I try to keep balance but I slip immediately, letting out a shriek, but Barry is quick to catch me, now, he was bursting out in laughter.

My cheeks grew red, as I laughed quietly along in embarrassment.

"Alright- lets get back in one piece, alright?" He laughs, putting me down, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. I nod slowly and walk back to the West household with him, walking inside, Barry coming in behind me, closing the door.

Cisco looks at us, "Well damn, Barry looks a little flustered. What did you do to him?"

"Nothing- I promise." I say as I messed with my hair, to shake the snow out of it, slipping off my boots.

Iris quickly comes over to us, handing us both drinks. "It's the night, to forget, and start fresh." Iris says, as her gaze lands on me. "Drink up." She squeezes my arm gently then goes back by Eddie.

"You don't have to tell me twice-" I mutter, as I sit on a step at the staircase, looking at Barry, his jacket still being on me, sipping the beer that Iris had given me, immediately pulling the bottle away from my mouth, making a face at the taste.

Barry chuckles, sitting next to me on the step, "Not good?"

"I don't understand how guys drink this as if it's Pepsi." I stick my tongue out, blowing on it to try and take away the taste, but I really just looked like an idiot.

Barry shrugs, "Maybe it's just a guy thing." He sips his.

I shrug back, sipping mine also. I stare at the ground as I continue to drink mine, ignoring the bitter taste.

We sat there for a while, making small talk again, Barry mentioning that I shouldn't be drinking much because I had a low tolerance for alcohol, but again, I didn't listen.

But then he brought up something else. "Hey you know that kiss was- just. a kiss right?"

I clear my throat after taking another long sip, "Yeah- I was. uhm- I was just about to say the same thing." I nod towards him, glancing at him.

He nods, "Okay I'm glad we're on the same page. I didn't want you think something different than I am- and it would be a whole mess-" he starts to say and I just cut him off by nodding, him doing the same. I drink one last beer and that's where it hit. The alcohol was taking all my worries and fears away, and I felt relaxed.

Iris marched up to us and looks at us, pointing at me, looking at Barry. "I'm stealing her."

"She's pretty drunk."

"I'm okay with it." She grabs my arm and pulls me away from Barry, I stumbling after her as she dragged me all the way to the kitchen, then looks at me.

"You and Barry kissed?" She immediately asks, a smile growing on her face.

"What? Who said that?" I say, slurring just a tiny bit.

"I may or may not have heard you guys talking- is that his jacket? Oh my god." She squeals in excitement quietly.

I grab a water bottle, sipping it, "Well- then yes. Maybe we did kiss- but it was just a New Years Kiss."

"Just. A New Years Kiss?"

I nod, drinking the rest of the water, stumbling lightly. "Alright- alright. Barry's gonna have to take you home." She laughs, as she calls out for Barry.

Barry strides in, looking between us. Iris speaks, "Can you take this drunk piece of work home?" She jokes lightly.

He nods, "Alright- come on, Zee. Grab onto my arm." He holds his arm out for me. I stare at it, but don't make a move. "It's not that haaaard." He trails, grabbing my hand and putting it on his forehead, waiting for me to grasp it, but I don't. Iris looks between us, biting back a smile.

"Mmm- okay. This isn't gonna work." He says, taking a step closer to me, wrapping a arm around me, putting a arm under my knees and picks me up, walking out the door, now walking back to my place.

I lightly kick my feet and sang into the air, "I don't have my shoessss."

"You'll be fine." He says, opening my apartment door with the spare key, walking in, closing the front door then making his way into my room and laying me down on my bed.

"Well now I'm shoeless." I say as he puts a blanket over me. "At least you're not sockless."

"That's not a word."

"Like you'd know." He says playfully, turning off the lamp, the only light come from the moon, through my window.

"Hey!" I hit his arm lightly.

He laughs a little, running a hand through his hair.

I started to doze off thinking about everything that happened that night. But one thing stuck to my mind.

Holy shit I had actually kissed Barry Allen.