57

"He's not dead. He's not dead." Caitlin says, as she turns around, facing all of us, Barry taking off his mask.

"Caitlin-" Barry starts, but she cuts him off. "He's not dead. He's not-"

"Caitlin-" Iris tries, as the feeling of sympathy for the women that stood in front of us erupted in my chest, as my features moved into a look of sorrow, "This isn't happening- this isn't happening again." Caitlin states, tears clear in her eyes.

"Hey, I got you." Cisco stepped up, holding onto Caitlin, leading her out the room.

Barry steps closer to Harry, "Open it up."

"Allen-" Harry trails off in a warning tone, as Iris' grip on me lightly tightens, as my grip on her arm does also, as I could see Barry getting angry, due to seeing someone off the team get murdered, and one of his best friends hurting.

"I need to go back-" Barry says, staring at where the breach once was.

"I can't do that." Harry explains, as Barry turns, shouting, "Open it up!"

"Allen!" Harry says, facing him, trying to calm him down, "The breaches are closed. All the breaches are closed."

Joe speaks up, "Why can't we just open up one of em?"

"The quark matter energy that we used to seal the breaches, it prevents them from being opened, ever again. There's no going back to our world." Harry answered.

"Wait." Jesse spoke up, "We're trapped here for good?"

"Yes." Harry shortly says, as a small gasp comes from Jesse, her appearance now looking as if she was about to burst out in tears.

"No, we can't just let Zoom get away with this." Barry's tone grew louder, "He just murdered Jay right in front of us!"

"There's gotta be something we can do." Joe says.

"There's not. Not this time." Harry laid down plain and simple.

"Barry- if Jay is would he said he was- why would Zoom basically- freeze, before he killed Jesse- when I called him Hunter- and this Jay- that was just murdered in front of us- look exactly like Hunter?" I quietly ask.

His head turns towards me, as his tone grew dangerously low, anger practically steaming off of him, "Your unnecessary unease with Jay isn't what matters right now, Zee." He spat at me.

"I'm not exactly saying it is." I say, trying not to continue to spark this argument up, knowing that I would only get Barry to lash out on me, because of how upset he was.

"He's done nothing- but help us since he's gotten here- he's been nothing but kind to you- no matter the attitude and closed off signals you gave him. And now you're trying to tell me- he's not who he said he is- after he was murdered right in front of us? God- you're unbelievable, Zee." Barry said to me, ignoring the fact that Jesse, Harry, Iris, and Joe were witnessing this.

"Hey- she has her own opinions and suspicions. It doesn't always have to be what you think is right, Barry. She had and has every right to be cautious about everything since he's step foot here." Iris defended me, as she lets go of me.

"Iris, don't get between this-" Barry starts but I cut him off.

"You of all people should know about being betrayed by someone you thought you could trust." I pushed, the anger in me not calming, as Joe came between the two of us. "Alright, that's enough."

Barry lets out of a huff, stepping back, as do I.

"It's over." Harry says.

"No." Barry states, before moving past us all, leaving the room.

-

I was seated on my couch, after taking a well needed shower, my now dry but still slightly damp hair in a messy bun, dressed in a t shirt and joggers, my legs crossed, my blanket covering my lap, as I played with the ends of it, staring at absolute nothingness.

Iris had left my place hours ago, after I had explained everything to her. Everything involving Reign, what happened at earth two, between Barry and I, especially the tension.

My place was very quiet, the sound of my breathing being the only sound heard, the only light on would be the lamp in the corner of my living room.

My hands slowly grab onto my phone, as I stare at Barry's contact, my eyes glancing at the time.

2:03 am

He was probably asleep. They had some sort of game night anyway, he was probably exhausted from everything that had happened today.

Before I could rethink about my choice, my finger pressed onto his contact, as my eyes go wide, immediately regretting my decision as soon as his name comes up, the numbers of seconds under it, as it starts to ring.

My finger hovers down, right about to hang up on the call by pressing the circular red end call button, but my breathing and actions stop when I hear him pick up, as his voice fills the line, it being raspy and laced with tiredness, "Hey-"

I stay quiet for second, but stuttering up, "I- hi- hey- why did you pick up at a time like this?"

"Well- I was going to ignore it- but I saw that it was you." He says, his tired voice continuing to fill up the line, my heart fluttering, as I stay quiet, "My turn to ask the questions. Why would you call me at a time like this?"

I lay down on my couch, my head resting on a couch pillow, my blanket now over my as I clicked on my lamp, a sigh leaving my lips as I spoke into the phone that was on speaker, "I couldn't sleep- and I kept thinking about everything that happened- and how I made you even more upset- and I just- I've been such a sucky girlfriend- or friend- or whatever we are anymore- I don't even know." Another sigh leaves my lips as I finish that sentence, as I prop myself up on my elbow, my forehead resting on my hand.

"You worry too much." He says quietly, as I could hear him sit up onto his bed, "Do you want me to come over?"

"No- no- I don't want to bother you- I just-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Zee- no matter what tensions we have between us- I'm never not going answer one of your phone calls at the worst times- and not going to go out of my way to make sure you're okay and well." He says, "No matter how stressed or worried I am about something else- you should know I'd drop it all to put you first."

"That's exactly why I regret calling." I mumble quietly, my tone laced in regret, "I just really wanted to hear your voice- when you weren't- angry with me." I let out, as I sat myself up again, now sitting alone in the dark, on the phone with Barry Allen.

"Well- if you don't want me to hang up- I could stay on the phone with you until you fall asleep?" Barry suggests, as shuffles followed, signaling he had laid back down and made himself comfortable.

"I'm sure, you'll be the first to fall asleep." I say, as I laid back down also.

"Mmm- we'll see about that." He replies back.

It stays quiet for a few minutes, before I hear Barry's voice fill the line again, "Hey, Zee?"

"Hm?" I hum.

"You asleep yet?" He asks me, his tone playful.

"Barry-" I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, as he joined in on the laughter.

I set my phone onto the coffee table that was next to my couch, as we continued to speak about small pointless things.

We spoke about many stupid things, earning a laugh from both of us within every topic.

Soon enough, within a while or so, we were both asleep, the call still going on, as we slept in our own homes, wishing we were both actually with each other, but this would have to do.

authors note:

oh wowow this book hit 4k views, kinda shook